Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket 200
Chrome OS

Is it just me or is this thing terrible? It seems to be unable to print anything resembling cyan. The prints are nothing like the photos. I wish I'd returned it immediately but I had more pressing issues to deal with at the time. The pictures are only acceptable if you don't care for colour fidelity. It is all up to date with its firmware and I've tweaked the photos as much as possible in the app and then with photoshop, can you take it back after a year? I hardly use bc its so disappointing and not worth the 50p a print it costs for the paper?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@DisappointedCat

Welcome to HP support community.

Clean the Sprocket paper path rollers

1. Remove the Paper Cover, and then remove any photo paper from the input tray.

2. Check the photo paper and remove any severely bent, wrinkled, or torn photo paper from the stack.

3. Reload the photo paper with the colored card on the bottom of the stack with the barcode facing down.

4. Replace the Paper Cover, and then wait while the Sprocket detects and cleans the paper path rollers with the colored card.

If the Sprocket does not automatically detect the colored card, send a print job to manually start the cleaning process.

You can refer this HP document for more assistance:- Click here

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Most people have done that and the terrible quality printouts remain. Firmware updates have made no improvements either. The product seems to be a dud and customers should not have to fiddle around to obtain a decent print. HP should suck it up and offer refunds.

HP Recommended

This device has been like this since day one so I fail to see have cleaning the rollers would help, it's not streaking it just produces terrible colour fidelity?

HP Recommended

Absolutely! I feel completely ripped off. They have obviously faked all the press photos where they show the colours are the same as on the phone/screen, which I would expect to a certain extent but nothing like this. I'm a printmaker I know how to fiddle with colour and nothing I do helps.

HP Recommended

@DisappointedCat

I understand your concerns.

Please refer to the following link to troubleshoot the issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05660842

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.