Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket Photo Printer

Hi! So I’ve started using my sprocket again after a year and it won’t print. It uses the calibrating sheet and connects, but when I try to print it doesn’t even make any noises, even when the app says it’s printing. I’ve tried everything on the troubleshooting, like resetting and charging and changing the paper so I don’t know what’s wrong. I don’t want it to be a waste of money. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@bethwin

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the Sprocket firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Manage Printers, make sure your Sprocket is selected, and then tap Printer Settings.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade, and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the firmware is up-to-date.

If the issue persists, please perform the remaining steps from this document: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-sprocket-photo-printer/12635221/document/c05937610

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have tried all the troubleshooting steps. There is no indication that a firmware update is needed. I get all set to print and then get an error message: "problem with setup". Nothing prints.

HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks, but your link as well as all other efforts lead me nowhere . How do I actually contact the HP support team in order to deal with this hardware issue?

HP Recommended

I have sent you a private message with the phone number, for more details that cannot be shared in a public post.

Please do check your inbox on the forums page for the private message.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I don't see any private message. 

HP Recommended

Please check again 🙂

I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.