Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket 200 Printer

Sprocket turned on once and i printed one picture. Now won't turn on. Red lite when charging only stays on for 15 min then no light at all. Hit reset button and it turns off the red light after 3 seconds but then still won't turn on and same results when trying to charge it. I think I got a defective unit and need to get a replacement. Help, this was a Christmas gift, sad daughter :((

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I have the same exact issue and also a very sad daughter that her present won’t work.  Tried resetting but nothing happened.  Printed one picture and then later we had the exact same issue as above.  Red charging light but should be charged, goes off the quickly, won’t turn on, can’t access printer settings in the app any longer.

HP Recommended

Hi @Lisa452, @Marpiat

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Make sure the Charging cable is firmly plugged in.

Charge the Sprocket for 40mins and then try to Power it ON.

Try Resetting the Printer and check if it works

Remove the paper cover, insert a straight pin into the access point next to the input tray, and then press the Reset button for 3 seconds. The Sprocket resets and turns off.

Locating the Reset button on the HP Sprocket 2-in-1

Turn on the Sprocket.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day!  

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.