cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

Stuck cartridge

HP Recommended
Sprocket studio
My recently purchased sprocket studio is displaying an error message “replace cartridge” but the cartridge is stuck in the machine. Pressing the release tab only allows it to move 1/2 in. How do I remove it?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,138 12,124 673 503
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Schriss

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Let's reset the Printer: 

Reset the printer to clear internal errors, print job issues, and power problems. To reset the printer, disconnect the power cord or power bank for 30 seconds.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 1 0 1
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I am having the same problem and tried that and it didn't work and now I've ruined two perfectly good cartridges and wasted money.

Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,138 12,124 673 503
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Linds2

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

1. Open the cartridge door.

Opening the cartridge door

2. Press down on the blue tab, and then remove the cartridge from its slot.

3. Reinstall the cartridge into the slot until it clicks into place, and then close the cartridge door.

Inserting the cartridge

4. On the HP sprocket app message, tap OK to clear it.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did you read the post? The cartridge is stuck. I can’t pull it out.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
12,138 12,124 673 503
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team regarding this as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation