Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket Studio
iOS

Trying to print my first photo watched video on how to insert cartridge in Sprocket Studio.  The error message keeps coming up Change Cartridge and print photo again.  Removed the cartridge that came with the printer and it seems to have jammed and torn the film.  Added the next cartridge and it has exactly the same message and the cartridge seems to feel jammed in and I don't want to force it to remove it in case it tears as well.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Kayls71

Welcome to the HP Support Community. I'd be happy to assist you.

1. Open the cartridge door.

Opening the cartridge door

2. Press down on the blue tab, and then remove the cartridge from its slot.

3. Reinstall the cartridge into the slot until it clicks into place, and then close the cartridge door.

Inserting the cartridge

4. On the HP sprocket app message, tap OK to clear it.

To know how to setup the sprocket, kindly refer to this document. For more info on troubleshooting issues on the sprocket, click here.

If the issue persists, I'm afraid this is a hardware issue. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer. 

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Kumar,

Thanks tried that again and it still damage the film on the cartridge so now that is 2 cartridges ruined and no photos printed.  I am very reluctant to try the 3rd cartridge. It's just very disappointing on a brand new machine.

HP Recommended

@Kayls71

I understand your concern. Kindly contact the HP Support team for service options.

Keep me posted for any other assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have the same problem.  Everything printed well.  I bought a new set of paper and film cartridge.  Printed fine.

I come back some time later to print something and I get errors.  I try to remove the cartridge, and it's stuck.  I end up forcing it out, ruining the cartridge.

When I try to insert the second cartridge, it gets to a point where it starts to get stuck again.  I put a light into the unit and can see the roller touching the head bar near the end (which explains why it gets stuck).

This is a very weird hardware problem that apparently affects a number of people.  And it appears to happen out of nowhere.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.