Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket
iOS

PLEASE UNDERSTAND that I've read through several other responses to questions similar to mine and all were less than satisfactory. I ask that you do NOT a) refer me to  what a blinking light represents, b) ask me if my sprocket is sufficiently charged, or c) any other elementary question that does not assume a basic user competence. 

iPhone X | iOS 11.2

HP sprocket (51:3C): Ready | 100% | FW v1.1.3 | HW v5

BACKGROUND: Received new HP sprocket 01 Dec 17 (four days ago) via Amazon. Fully charged sprocket, downloaded SPROCKET app and attempted to print via Camera Roll (in Photos app) as well as from SPROCKET app. SPROCKET app displayed message "Sending to sprocket," both jobs appeared in the queue, and white LED blinked; however, printer didn't print anything after 15 minutes. Cleared queue and resent job — no response from printer.

Prompted to update firmware:

ISSUE 1: Firmware downloaded to iPhone within a few seconds via wifi but subsequently hung up (20+ minutes) when "Updating sprocket" — no change in progress bar. White LED blinks in a consistent dot-dash pattern (every other blinks lasts slightly longer than one prior), and device asked to update firmware on subsequent tries.

Reset sprocket and reattempted firmware update. No change in response from above.

ISSUE 2: Battery charge indicator LED appears red although it is charged to 100%. (It did turn from red to green on initial charge, but has not shown green since.) Not my biggest concern, and it may also be a symptom, but would like to also resolve.

Given that I've followed the prescribed instructions and troubleshooting (more than once), and assuming all parameters have been met (charged, BT turned on, etc.), what are the next steps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The same problem.

Glitched on iOS 11.1.1 and doesn't work at all with iOS 11.2  - iPhone 7. (stucks during sending operation, led blinks without any progress)

They know about this problem as the entire forum is filled with such information about iOS 11.2, there is even a topic where Support guy responded that it is a known problem. 

However, no fix day estimation has been given yet.

As it is almost Christmas time developers are, most probably, already preparing for vacation or already there.

Facebook support over messages doesn't reply, messages marked as 'Seen'.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

The same problem.

Glitched on iOS 11.1.1 and doesn't work at all with iOS 11.2  - iPhone 7. (stucks during sending operation, led blinks without any progress)

They know about this problem as the entire forum is filled with such information about iOS 11.2, there is even a topic where Support guy responded that it is a known problem. 

However, no fix day estimation has been given yet.

As it is almost Christmas time developers are, most probably, already preparing for vacation or already there.

Facebook support over messages doesn't reply, messages marked as 'Seen'.

HP Recommended

After 25 minutes on the phone with HP (including 4 department transfers) I can confirm that the currently available-for-download firmware version is not compatible with iOS 11.2

Awaiting app update, no ETA provided.

So...do yourself a favor and LISTEN TO SENDER_XYZ!

HP Recommended

The fix for iOS 11.2 is now available, see the post here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

I've ensured I'm on the latest versoin of the App, have followed all instructions regarding the update and am still having the same issue as others are having - during the Firmware upgrade, the screen shows "Sending Firmware Upgrade to Sprocket Printer" and then the progress bar gets stuck at about 85%. Note that I'm trying this today after the note below where it states this is fixed for 11.2 - it evidently isn't.

This is so annoying - we only receieved our sprocket printer this week, printed two images and it's curretnly useless.

Really appreciate your help and further appreciate that Apple have defintiely done somethign to screw with Bluetooth in 11.2 as, since the update, our Bose blueteeth speaker has sropped syncing across all of our iOS devices, and our friends are seeing the same issues with thier Bluetooth Bose speaker too....

PS the update instructions at the link miss an important step - they tell you to turn the phone off but not to turn the phone back on! Silly I know, but for non-native English speakers or people like my mum, it will possibly be a little confusing 🙂

HP Recommended
So glad I’ve read this - I’m having the same issue! Just a waiting game then it seems!
HP Recommended

@Charlie010387 wrote:
So glad I’ve read this - I’m having the same issue! Just a waiting game then it seems!

Have you installed the latest app version and gone through the steps described here?  Many hare reported this has resolved the issue for them.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

HP Recommended
Yes I’ve done it all - I have the latest app version, I’ve reset the sprocket and my phone, turned Bluetooth on and off multiple times, forgot the network etc..., made sure the sprocket and my phone both have full charge - it simply will not let me install the firmware and I’m sure this is the problem! It gets to 80% and stops no matter how long I leave it!
HP Recommended

Hi Bob,

I tried multiple times, following the steps exactly, and it refused to complete, continually sticking at around 85%.

However...

The App was reportng the sprocket battery at 100% but the LED on the sprocket remained red. Eventually, after leaving the sprocket for about an hour on charge, the LED went green and I retired the update and it finalyl worked (probably the fifth time trying). I'm not sure but it may be that unless the LED is green, it won't perform the update (and certainly from looking at the posts above, a charge of less than 100% seems to be common to many of the posts where people are having issues).

Hope this helps.

Steve

HP Recommended

@mijotu wrote:

ISSUE 2: Battery charge indicator LED appears red although it is charged to 100%. (It did turn from red to green on initial charge, but has not shown green since.) Not my biggest concern, and it may also be a symptom, but would like to also resolve. 

I'm certain you're right in that the App showing 100% battery charge whilst the LED remaining red seems to be linked to the inability to update the firmware; mine continually failed to update (latest App, folowed the steps, battery at 100% in app but LED was red); eventully, after having left the sprocket on charge for about an hour, the LED went green and at that point, the Firmware update completed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.