Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
iOS
I am using the iOS 11 beta.

Pairing happens unreliably.

When sending a single photo, the printer blinks red and then eventually prints. No the progress bar in the app doesn’t move.

I am entirely unable to print the current photo queue.

Totally understand that these issues are likely related to the beta iOS software, but I hope they can be resolved when iOS 11 is available to all.

(Everything works as expected on my iPad running iOS 10).

Thank you!
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi! @csneath, Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues, with help from the community!

I understand you have issues printing from your printer using IOS 11 beta.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Please provide the model name of your printer to assist you better.

If you have trouble viewing the video, or to view the video in a different size, go to How to Print with Apple's AirPrint on YouTube (in English).
On your printer, make sure the wireless feature is on, and the printer is connected to your local wireless network.
Some printers have a wireless icon and a blue light on the front of the printer. Make sure the light is on and not blinking if your printer has a wireless icon.
On your Apple iOS device, open the Wi-Fi settings and make sure you are connected to the same local wireless network as your printer.
   NOTE:
AirPrint does not support public wireless networks, such as public mobile hotspots, Bluetooth, or cellular data connections, either 3G or 4G.
Open the document, photo, email, or webpage you want to print, then tap the Share icon or to display the menu options.
Tap Print or the Print icon, depending on the type of file you want to print.
The Printer Options menu displays.
On the Printer Options menu, tap Select Printer.
A list of available printers on the network displays.
Select your printer, change print settings if necessary, then tap Print.

Refer this article to know more information about printing using AirPrint.

Let me know if this works! 
Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click "Accept as Solution" if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the "Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say "Thanks" for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Sorry for not specifiying! This is with the HP Sprocket.

HP Recommended

@csneath, It's great to hear from you again.

I appreciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Try the steps recommended below.

Please try few steps recommended below.

1.    Reset the Sprocket unit by placing a push-pin or needle into the small hole on the rear of the unit.  (Reset instructions in the support doc HERE)
2.    Plug in the Sprocket unit with the provided micro-USB cable.  Connect to either a computer USB port or USB wall charger.
3.    Allow the Sprocket unit to charge for 10 minutes.  Note:  A call back may be required in these instances.
4.    Power on the Sprocket unit by pressing/holding the power button for 3 seconds.
5.    A white LED should illuminate on the rear of the unit if power up is successful.
6.    Remind the customer to charge their Sprocket for an additional 60-90 minutes to enable a full battery charge.

If the issue still persists try updating the sprocket firmware from the sprocket app and check if it helps.

Open Sprocket app go to menu-->Sprocket---> Printers; A blue firmware update link will be present if an update is available.

Let me know if this helps!

Have a pleasant day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the tips. This hasn't made a difference.

To reiterate: I have no problems printing to my sprocket from my iPad, but can't print from my iPhone. I'm assuming this is because my iPhone is running iOS 11 beta, and my iPad is running iOS 10.

I can still use my printer with my iPad, but if this is a compatibility issue with iOS 11, I'm hoping the HP dev's are ready for the larger release of iOS!

Let me know if I can provide any more information.

Charlie

HP Recommended

Just FYI for anyone having trouble printing to their Sprocket when on IOS 11.2, check out the link below from @Bill_F and @Debbie_L

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/sprocket/Unable-to-print-from-sprocket-after-iOS-11-2-update/td-p/6457...

white sprocket.jpg

I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Twitter: @Ciara_B_27
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.