Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket first version
iOS

After iPhone change (is all I can figure) my sprocket app can’t find the sprocket printer. I have used this printer for a year or more for my daughter’s school reports. Usually it just connects up when I turn it on. The Bluetooth is on. The sprocket is listed under the list of items and it is showing connected. However when I click on sprocket and chose the item to print, it tries to find the printer and says it can’t. It says it is looking but can’t find it. It says it maybe an earlier version and then says to click that. When it click that it shows select an accessory, 4 lines and nothing else. I installed the app on my daughter’s iPhone 6 and it is doing the same thing. I reset the printer with a needle. I restarted my phone. She went ahead and drew the pictures because it was midnight.  Any help would be appreciated. I have iPhone XR but I can’t think that matters because it did the same thing with her iPhone 6. The previous level it worked great with was iPhone 7. Totally frustrated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had the same issue until I uninstalled and reinstalled the sprocket app. Now it works. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I had the same issue until I uninstalled and reinstalled the sprocket app. Now it works. 

HP Recommended

Thank you!  You are smart!  I had installed it new on my daughters phone and it still didn’t work. So after multiple things I finally called HP and they said exactly the same thing: uninstall app and then install it and that will fix it.  They said it fast and in the first 10 seconds of my call. Lol. I guess it’s a known issue and they figured out that was the fix. You should work for HP!  Thanks so much. Problem solved!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.