Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

HP Sprocket.

Contanst errors like:

- Error downloading firmware. Make sure you're connected to Internet (which I'm both via WiFi and phone data) and try again.

- Error with firmware.

- Etc.

Tried 3-seconds-pinning reset pinhole. Nothing changes.

Is really that difficult to offer the firmware file for direct download and copy&paste the file into, for example, "Phone://Sprocket/Update" folder?

It has taken me 3 hours re-trying to finnaly beeing able to upgrade the ***** printer.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@franzrogar

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. I came across your post and would like to assist.

I understand that you're unable to update the firmware for your HP Sprocket printer. 

May I know the reason why you want to perform a firmware update? Are you facing any issues with the HP Sprocket?

Let me know. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

I get the same error messagewhen I try to update the firmware. I try to update because of the popup saying that there's a new update.

How to I update, when the download fails every time?

HP Recommended

@franzrogar and @legdk

I posted a response in another thread here.

Try all or some of those steps.  Worked for me.  Hopefully it will work for you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.