Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Sprocket

I am from Malaysia, I purchased my sprocket from Malaysia HP online store on 31/1/2018.

Ever since my first print I had this white space at the top edge of the photo.

I am using the original HP ZINK® Sticky-Backed Photo Paper that I purchased together with the device.

I already tried all the methods which your HP Support Agent mentioned in other post.

To uninstall the sprocket app and reinstall, Changing a new pack of photo paper, Troubleshooting, Checking on firmware update, Reset the device... But! The issue still persists.

I saw some bloggers's posts and reviews, they do not have such problems.

How can I get rid of it? Do you have any other solution for me?

01.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SilverWen

Welcome to HP Forums, 
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries.

I understand that you are facing a print quality issue.

Are you using genuine ZINK papers

In the meantime, follow the below steps that could fix the issue.

Load HP Sprocket Photo Paper

Load 5.0 x 7.6 cm (2 x 3 in) HP Sprocket Photo Paper into the input tray.

1. Turn off the printer.

2. Remove the top cover by sliding it away from the output slot, and then set it aside.

Figure: Removing the top cover

1. Slide the top cover

2. Remove the top cover

3. Load up to 10 sheets of HP Sprocket Photo Paper with the blue Smartsheet®. Make sure the Smartsheet® is on the bottom of the stack with the bar-code facing down, and the photo paper with the HP logos facing down

NOTE:

Keep the Smartsheet® until you are done with all 10 sheets, and then discard it.

Figure: Loading HP Sprocket Photo Paper

Loading HP Sprocket Photo Paper
  4. Align the top cover with the tracks on the outside of the printer, and then slide the top cover toward the output slot until it is firmly seated.

Figure: Closing the top cover

1. Align the top cover

2. Slide the top cover

5. Turn on the printer.

Calibrate the printer

Send a print job with the HP sprocket app to calibrate the printer with the Smartsheet®.

1. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

2. From the home screen, tap the Photos icon,  or , and then follow the on-screen prompts to allow the app to access your camera and photos.

3. Select the photo you want to print.

The print preview screen displays.

4. Tap Edit to adjust the photo appearance, add text or stickers, and apply filters.

5. Tap the Checkmark icon  to save any changes, and then tap the Print icon  .

A Sending to sprocket printer message displays and the printer calibrates using the Smartsheet®.

6. Wait until the device is idle and silent, and then remove the Smartsheet®.

After calibration completes, your photo prints.

Upgrade the printer firmware

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the printer firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the printer is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Printers, and then tap your printer in the list.

The printer information screen displays.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the printer firmware is up-to-date. Continue to the next step.

6. After upgrading the printer firmware, try to print.

If the issue persists, follow the below steps to reset the Sprocket.

1. Turn on the printer.

2. Locate the reset button near the charging port.

Figure : Locating the reset button

Locating the reset button
  3. Gently insert the straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds.

The printer resets and turns off.

4. Turn on the printer.

Keep me posted on any other assistance. Hope that helps! 

Have a great day ahead!

Cheers;)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

This is not helping at all. 

Do you have any other solutions beside of keep giving the same reply to all the users that encounter problems with your device?

I already reinstalled my app several times, changing new pack of photo paper, troubleshoooting sereval times as well, but the issue is still persists. 

HP Recommended

Hi @SilverWen, I am the Mr.Robot. It looks like you were interacting with @Raj1788, but he is out of the office today, so I'll take over from here.

I appriciate your efforts for trying out the steps.

As you mentioned the issue still persists after trying out the steps.

Have you tried updating your smartphone software to the latest version?

Have you tried printing using a different device does the issue persist?

Try printing using a different application.

If the issue still persists after trying out the steps. It is a hardware issue with your printer.

Please contact HP support for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Have a great day ahead!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.