Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Sprocket 100 x7n07a
Android 6.0 - 6.0.1 Marshmallow
When attempting to download the firmware update the app says it is not connected to the internet. At first it would disable WIFI until I changed the option to WIFI only. I noticed that the up/down arrows on the WIFI icon are not present when this occurs. I know I am connected because I have downloaded the app 3 times now. Tried restarting the device as well. Using Nexus 5.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
We managed to get the Sprocket firmware update done. My daughter, who owns the Sprocket, touched her device to the Sprocket and activated NFC, after that it downloaded the update and installed it to the Sprocket. Not sure if it was related, but it worked. Printer works great. First photo turned out nice. Very pleased with this product.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Leonmorris

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

Check updates if there is an update for the phone. Update the phone and try updating the firmware.

Upgrade the Sprocket firmware

HP regularly releases firmware updates. Upgrading the Sprocket firmware might resolve the issue.

1. Make sure the Sprocket is on and your mobile device is connected to the Internet.

2. On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app.

3. Tap the Menu icon , and then tap sprocket.

4. Tap Printers, and then tap your Sprocket on the list.

5. Look for a firmware upgrade.

• If a firmware upgrade displays, tap Get Firmware Upgrade and then follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.

• If a firmware upgrade option does not display, the Sprocket firmware is up-to-date.

Keep me posted, have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended
We managed to get the Sprocket firmware update done. My daughter, who owns the Sprocket, touched her device to the Sprocket and activated NFC, after that it downloaded the update and installed it to the Sprocket. Not sure if it was related, but it worked. Printer works great. First photo turned out nice. Very pleased with this product.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.
HP Recommended

@Leonmorris

Thanks for the reply,

Thanks for the Input!

I'm glad to hear you found the solution you were looking for.

Thanks for taking the time to let the community know about the solution.

You've been great to work with and it has been a genuine pleasure interacting with you.

I hope both you and your product works great and remain healthy for a long time 😉

Take care now and do have a fabulous week ahead.

Clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons on your own post, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

:)Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.