Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp photosmart premium c 310a
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

printer wont connect to web and it is saying load paper in to main tray when it is loaded with paper

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Michigan1180

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Step one: Reset the All-in-One

1. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.

2. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

3. Wait at least 15 seconds.

4. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the printer.

6. Turn the printer on.

Step two: Print a self-test report

Print a self-test report. See the section on how to use these solutions at the beginning of this document.

• If the self-test report prints, try printing the original document again. If the issue is resolved, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, continue with the next solution.

• If the self-test report does not print, continue with the next solution.

Check the condition of the paper, and then reload it

1. Remove the stack of paper from the tray.

2. Check for obstructions inside the tray. Use a flashlight to view the mechanism inside the tray to make sure that nothing blocks the paper from engaging with the rollers. Even small pieces of paper can cause paper feed issues.

NOTE: If you find obstructions in the paper path, skip to the section on cleaning the rollers.
  3. Examine the condition of the paper, and then replace any ripped, dusty, curled, wrinkled, or bent paper.

4. Make sure that all the paper in the stack is the same size and type. Never load mixed types of paper in the tray. The product can only process one type of paper at a time.

5. Tap the stack of paper on a flat surface to align the edges.

6. Make sure that the stack of paper contains no fewer than 10 sheets and no more than 25 sheets of paper.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.