Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
sprocket and Samsung galaxy s7
Android 6.0 Marshmallow

I just opened my hp sprocket and tried to set it up.  It paired with my phone but will not connect.  I've reset the device several times as well as made sure my phone software is up to date.  Please help!!

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, and Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Did you download and install the sprocket app from the Play Store?

Perhaps run through the setup instructions again to see if a step was skipped:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c05243304

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended
Tried it. Didn't work. Any other suggestions?

Thank you!!
HP Recommended

Hi,

Thanks for using the HP Forums. Apologies for jumping in here.

If you're still not able to Connect, we'll like to suggest that you Reset the Sprocket.

The following resource shows you how it's done:

Reset the Sprocket

Go to Time 8:35 for the reset.

You may want to check out the following resource on using the Sprocket apps:

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/sprocket/Sprocket-How-to-setup-and-Use-the-HP-Sprocket-Printer-amp/td-

p/5807803

Let us know if that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

HP Recommended

Hi @CheerCoach - Hopefully one of the two solutions above was able to resolve your issue.  However, sometimes Android can be problematic and you may want to try the following to resolve your issue:

1.)  From the phone Bluetooth menu, find your Sprocket, tap the gear icon and then click 'Unpair'

2.)  Uninstall the HP Sprocket app from your phone

3.)  Restart your mobile phone (power off/on)

4.)  Reinstall the HP Sprocket app from the Google Play store

5.)  Power on the Sprocket unit

6.)  Re-pair the Sprocket device to your phone from the Bluetooth settings menu

Please let us know if you were successful in pairing and printing to your sprocket.

Have fun!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

I am having the same troubles. I bought it today, used it straight away all paired and connected fine.

have gone to use it again this evening and its paired on my Bluetooth but won't connect. I have tried all of the above, resetting, redownlaoding the app. But now I'm stuck! I have a Sony Xperia X.

HP Recommended

Hello @Harriet-trout -

Thanks for reaching out with your concern.  Very likely you'll need to update the firmware on the Sprocket printer itself.

First I'd recommend 'forgetting' the Sprocket from your bluetooth menu on your phone, then restarting your mobile device.  From there, pair with the Sprocket printer again via the bluetooth menu and open the app, at which time you'll hopefully see the printer connect properly. 

Once connected via the app, update firmware following the instructions below:

• First, make sure the Sprocket is charged to at least 75% battery and powered on.
  • Ensure the Sprocket is paired to your mobile device.
  • On your mobile device, open the HP Sprocket app and go to menu -> sprocket -> Printers; A ‘blue’ firmware update link will be present if an update is available.

Note:  On Android, you will receive a pop-up message indicating the availability of a firmware update.

IMPORTANT:  You should remain in the Sprocket app screen for the entire duration of the FW update process.  The update may fail if you exit to another application mid-update.

Please let me know if this addresses your connectivity concern.

Thanks!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

I had the same experience when I first tried to pair my printer. I was using the Sprocket app to pair. I had denied the app permission access to my location. After trying a few minutes, I got a message telling me to allow the Sprocket app access to my location in order to pair the printer. I did and it finally worked. Hope that helps!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.