Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
SNPRH-1603
iOS
My iPhone 6s can connect to the printer and it says connected but once it reaches the printing stage, it displays the loading screen without any loading and after a while just goes. For the update i can download the update to my phone but then it will not transfer into the sprocket. I think it is a Bluetooth issue as I tried it on my dads phone and it worked instantly.
4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @Jonahbrosnan,

Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!

I understand that you are having issues with your new HP Sprocket. Are you getting any type of error message on your HP Sprocket app? Also, was the printer working previously? Let me know.

HP Sprocket is not AirPrint compatible. Sprocket uses the Bluetooth feature to connect to the Apple and Android devices. You need to have an iOS device running 8.0 and later to use this printer. Also, the Bluetooth needs to be turned on.

You need to then install the HP Sprocket app from the Apple Store and then can use the App to print the pictures. Here is a wonderful article which will help you setup and use the HP Sprocket: http://hp.care/2tNJSWS

If you are unable to print with the HP sprocket app, use these recommendations to troubleshoot printing issues.

• Turn on the printer: By default, the printer is set to turn off after 5 minutes. To change when the printer automatically turns off, open the HP sprocket app on your mobile device, and then tap the Menu icon  . Tap sprocket, and then tap Printers. Select your printer in the list, tap Auto Off under the Settings section, and then select when you want the printer to turn off.

• Charge the printer: On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app, tap the Menu icon  . Tap sprocket, and then tap Printers. Select your printer in the list, and then locate Battery under the Status section. If the battery is low, charge the printer by connecting it to a power source with the USB cable.

• Make sure the printer has photo paper in the input tray: Load up to 10 sheets of HP Sprocket Photo Paper into the input tray with the HP logos facing down.

• Confirm Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your printer: On your mobile device, make sure Bluetooth is turned on and paired with your printer.

If the printer is already paired to your mobile device, turning Bluetooth off and then on might resolve the issue.

• Move the printer and your mobile device closer together: Bluetooth signals can be weaker at greater distances.

• Upgrade the printer firmware: Open the HP sprocket app on your mobile device, and then look for a firmware upgrade in the sprocket menu.

• Reset your mobile device: Turn off your mobile device, and then turn it back on to clear any error states.

• Reset the printer. On the printer, locate the reset button underneath the paper cover, insert a straight pin into the reset button access point, and then press the reset button for 3 seconds. The printer resets and turns off.

You can check http://hp.care/2ilvn9u for detailed troubleshooting steps.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Eagerly waiting for your response!

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @Jonahbrosnan-

Thank you for letting us know about the difficulties you encountered with Sprocket. Fortunately, we've been able to squash the iOS11 gremlins via a firmware update for your device. Please follow the steps below to restore your connection and update your product to the latest version (1.1.5):

• Charge your sprocket battery to at least 50%
• Power off your sprocket printer
• In the iPhone Bluetooth menu (Settings -> Bluetooth), tap the ‘i’ button next to the “sprocket” device, then tap “Forget This Device”
• Restart your iPhone by pressing/holding the power button for 3 seconds, then sliding to power off
• Power on your sprocket printer
• Discover and pair your sprocket printer by tapping on the “sprocket” device when it appears in the iPhone Bluetooth menu (Settings -> Bluetooth)
• Open the sprocket mobile app, where you’ll be automatically prompted for the firmware upgrade

Happy connecting!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

On iOS 11.2 nothing works.

Device pairs, device gets discovered and stucks upon upgrade or photo print during sending (led blinks and progress bar won't move) stage. Doesn't matter how long yo uwait there.  There are many topics and messages aroung the forum about thep roblem with iOS 11.2 (Where apple didn't even change Bluetooth API) and so far no good response about fix ETA. 

• How device priced >EURO 100 can even be released without final test with the latest phone OS? (All beta|developer OS versions are available long time before they are released to the public)
  • How App could break between iOS 11.1 and 11.2 when there was no OS API changes? Do you intentionally hardcode your applications against specific iOS versions? Why?... 
HP Recommended

The fix for iOS 11.2 is now available, see the post here.

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.