Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Where can I bring my HP Photosmart printer for repair. It has stopped feeding paper

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Soup52

If the printer is still in warranty, you can open a case with HP.

Reminders:

• Use the serial number of the device to submit the case (do not post that information here).
  • In those areas where Chat is an option, Chat service hours are likely restricted.
  • Chat is not available in every region.

In the event that Chat is not available in your region:  Call the number provided in the HP directory, else submit your case online (to receive phone contact information)

• HP will advise you there is a fee for phone support and / or other services when your computer / device is no longer under warranty.  This is normal business practice.

• HP may tell you that certain services are not covered under warranty.  This is normal business practice.  Standard Warranty typically covers specific hardware issues as explained in the Warranty contract. Care Pack coverage and warranties differ by package.

• USA / Canada: HPposts your regional contact information after you submit an online case.  Use the serial number of the device to submit the case to HP.

“Everywhere” Contact Information - HP Technical Support

HP World-Wide Support

Select your region and follow the prompts

Option:  Contact HP Technical Support - Regions

USA / Canada

1. Submit information / case online: HP Customer Support
  2. Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

1. For faster support, submit information / case online HP Customer Support UK
  2. Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist

OR

If the printer is no longer in warranty, I suggest you take the printer to a local printer repair shop and ask for help.  In the USA, some office supply stores also provide printer repair.  You can also look up printer repair on the Internet in your region.

If the printer is no longer in warranty, you can still contact HP - open the case online and explain that you are willing to pay for service.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks. I was able to fix it myself after I watched a Youtube video on the subject.

HP Recommended

@Soup52

Gotta love YouTube.

For those reading:

Many jam and feed issues can be resolved by various methods.

As @Soup52 recommends, find a relevant YouTube video.

and / or

Your printer's Website Support likely provides a helpful document on the subject.

Open Support Home

Enter the name of your device

When the website support page opens, Select a Category

Troubleshooting > Jams and Feed Problems

Open and read the document that most closely resembles the problem on your printer.

If the steps outlined in the document (or in the YouTube video) do not resolve the problem, that is the time to refer the issue to Tech Support.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a world community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP technology.

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.