Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Other

sprocket will get support for windows phone? i'm interested in buying, but i wont if i wont be able to use it

Is About UpixSoul
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello @upixsoul - 

Thank you for reaching out to us  about the HP Sprocket Photo Printer.   Unfortunately Windows Phone isn't in our short-term development plans, due to it's extremely limited market share.

I secretly hope you'll pick up an inexpensive Android phone and join us in all the sprocket fun.

Thanks again for your inquiry!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended

I'm a developer and would like to make a windows universal app that would allow for printing from PC, Phone, even xbox or hololens.  I'm suppently looking to what APIs are available.  If I have any success I'll report back here.

HP Recommended
Hey Spectre,
Didn't HP just release a Windows Phone, the Elite X3? Obviously there is some team at HP interested in Windows Phone development. What gives?
HP Recommended

Hi @kularry -

Thank you for the insightful response.  I agree it seems counterintuitive until you consider the target customer.  One is very business and enterprise centric in the Elite X3, whereas Sprocket is a clearly targeted at teens and younger adults; most of whom have probably never heard of Windows phone to being with 🙂

Both are very cool products, but their intended customers couldn't be further apart.

Thanks for reaching out!

***I am an HP employee***

The comments above represent myself and do not reflect the opinions of HP.

If my post solved your issue, please click "Accepted Solution" on the post . To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below! Thank you 🙂
HP Recommended
It does look like a really cool product. I have a Windows Phone and enjoy the enterprise oriented features. I, like many enterprising adults, also have young children. When I saw the Sprocket, I immediately thought of my 5 year old son, and that making fun and easy photo projects together would be a blast. I guess I don't understand what goes into making an app that would be compatible across platforms. A shame. All the open source Objective-C development tools make APK and IOS bridging to Windows 10 appear so easy. Maybe there will be a solution down the road, or perhaps an alternative product that I can pursue sooner than later.
HP Recommended

@Spectre_Envy wrote:

Hi @kularry -

Thank you for the insightful response.  I agree it seems counterintuitive until you consider the target customer.  One is very business and enterprise centric in the Elite X3, whereas Sprocket is a clearly targeted at teens and younger adults; most of whom have probably never heard of Windows phone to being with 🙂

Both are very cool products, but their intended customers couldn't be further apart.

Thanks for reaching out!

That seems like internal cannibalism on HP's part and en extremely limited view on things.

By creating a UWP app for Windows Phone, you're supporting Windows 10 devices, which includes things like the Surface, Nokia/Lumia, and other Windows phones and tablets - which consumers have heard of.

It also seems completely ridiculous that HP are knowingly producing hardware that flat out doesn't work with eachother.

Would you buy the HP Elite X3 knowing that you couldn't use it with anything else, including other HP products? If you wouldn't, why would anyone else?

Might be worth forwarding this feedback to the higher ups making this closed minded decisions.

HP Recommended

I agree - I have a windows phone, and as a small IT company would like to grab a sprocket and demo it to clients. I have a lot of catering clients who would use this at weddings and functions - they currently have the canon selphy which is a little similar in target market.
there are lots of reasons to consider making things work with windows phones. for starters because of the limited products available for windows phones you can be sure to have no competition in this space - all windows phone users would buy a sprocket.
I sell Hp phones also, and would bundle the two together if they worked together.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.