Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

hi there...i have a brand new sprocket and fully charged it for over 2 hours and my tablet said the sprockett was fully charges....i only got 3 prints out of it before the red light came on to indicate it needed charging again??? i reset the sprocket and chrged it again.....can still only get a few prints before it needs recharging....is this normal? how many prints should it do before it needs recharging? many thanks x

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@kittylamb

Welcome to HP Forums, 
This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips. Thank you for posting your query. I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

The Sprocket battery should last longer than 3 prints. To fix this issue, please try the steps below:

Solution 1: Update the printer Firmware:

On your mobile device, open the HP sprocket app and make sure the printer firmware is up-to-date.

Solution 2: To maximize the battery life of your Sprocket printer, try the steps below:

There are several ways to make sure your battery lasts as long as possible. Use these recommendations to maximize battery life.

• Change how long the printer remains on: By default, the printer is set to turn off after 5 minutes. To change when the printer automatically turns off, open the HP sprocket app on your mobile device, and then tap the Menu icon  . Tap sprocket, and then tap Printer Settings. Tap Auto Off, and then select when you want the printer to turn off.

• Charge the printer when you are not using it: Leave the printer plugged into a power source whenever you are not using it.

NOTE: You can use the printer while it is charging.
  • Charge the printer for more than 90 minutes. HP recommends you charge the printer up to 90 minutes or until the power light turns green. However, you can charge the printer for longer than 90 minutes, which might increase battery life.

• Use an external battery charger. Using an external battery charger allows you to charge the printer when the battery is low and you cannot access another power source. To purchase an external battery charger, go to HP Home & Home Office. You can also purchase external battery chargers from other retailers.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Roopa-S
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi there

many thanks for your reoly....could you tell me roughly how many prints i could expect to get from one charge? many thanks helen

HP Recommended

@kittylamb

You should be able to print 15 to 20 photos. Try to recharge the battery overnight and try printing. The charge should last for almost 4 hours.

If issue persists, I suggest calling our phone support regarding warranty and service options.   

1) Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/
2) Select the product type.
3) Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.
4) Select the country from the drop-down.
5) You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed. 

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the ‘Thumbs Up’ icon below, 

followed by clicking on the “Accept as solution” button.

Have a great day!

Roopa-S
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.