Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
sprocket app
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
Hello,
Is there any chance to use the sprocket foto printer with my galaxy that works with android 4.2.2? ...its not possible to install the sprocket app!
Thanks in advance!
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @pinterjosef,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

This is a wonderful place to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips.

I reviewed your post and understand that you want to know whether the sprocket works with Android version 4.2.2.

I'll be glad to help you 🙂

I would like to inform you that the sprocket app is supported by Android™ devices using OS v4.4 and above.

For more information please refer to the below user guide.

http://hp.care/2sKn48Z

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.

Take care 🙂

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Well I have recognized that it doesn't work with Android 4.2.2, but I wanted to ask if there's any other way to use it, e.g. without the app. The point is I've bought the sprocket and I have a phone with Android 4.2.2; so is the only solution to buy a new phone?

HP Recommended

yes, it can be used without the app.  But I have found that if you have a PC with Bluetooth you can use it.  If you don't have Bluetooth on a PC a small Bluetooth adapter can be bought for not much money.  Then when you have that, connect the PC to the Sprocket.  Go to the Bluetooth menu on the PC and hit "Senf File".  It will open up a folder view.  Select the file you wish to send and select it. It will then go to the Sprocket and print.  So, yes, it can be used that way.

HP Recommended

Many many thanks!

And with a phone that has bluetooth (not a pc); does it work without adapter and how? (always considering that I can't use the app)

HP Recommended

I don't think so.  First, can you establish a bluetooth connection from the older Android to the Sprocket?  If so, if there is a generic way to send files via. Bluetooth that could be explored, but I'm not sure about it. Perhaps others here could provide some more assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.