Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 4 (963 Views)

3D capture and touchpad disfunction

Product Name: HP Sprout
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

We have only been able to use our sprout 3d capture a couple of times before it stopped working. I do not know what to do from this point because I have installed updates. The touchpad is not detectable when I try to calabrate it and the projection for the 3D capture looks like a bunch of random horizontal barcodes. 

Intern
Message 2 of 4 (878 Views)

Re: 3D capture and touchpad disfunction

Hello @Ckenney3,

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your Sprout but i'll see if I can help.

The 1st thing yoyu need to do is to make sure that your Windows 10 is patched up fully via -> Settings -> Updates & Security -> Windows update then keep checking until no more are availiable.

Then goto http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/sprout-by-hp/7471144/model/7471145 and under 'Software Solutions'  download "Sprout Workspace Update' ver 1.5.2.2326 rev A. ( large 1.8GB file so may take time depending on you internet speed )

Run this installer and follow the on screen prompts ( note will take25-30 min to install )

Reboot & try to do a 2D & 3D Capture to verify if this resolved your issue.

~Olenn_D

I am an HP Employee - Sprout Support
Honor Student
Message 3 of 4 (832 Views)

Thanks for the response. I made sure windows was up to date and I also updated Sprout Workspace. The projection no longer looks like a bunch of stagnant random horizontal barcodes. However, the 3D capture still does not function and it still says that it cannot detect the touchpad. The projector lights up the touchpad but it does not display the mutliple light patters it is supposed to do to scan the "background".

Highlighted
Honor Student
Message 4 of 4 (823 Views)

When I try to calibrate the touch pad I always get an error message saying, "Sprout cannot detect the touch mat. Ensure that Sprout is on a flat surface, and then connect the touch mat's magnetic connector to the immersive computer. If the problem persists, contact HP support."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation