Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I got the first Sprout a few weeks after it was released, so I share your pain.

I need some time to compile my notes to make a detailed response, but I wanted to let you know there's still some of us out there.  

Some quick comments:

I think the touch pad may be the best feature of the Sprout.  I have set up some Windows programs to run on the touch pad.  Okay, Solitaire and CNET may not be a big deal, but I like pushing the cards around on the mat, and I like CNET's side scrolling, Windows 8 style, app.  The video editing app that got hurried onto Sprout was half baked, but the Windows version works pretty well.  The key thing here is to know how to move stuff to the Pad.  Most apps don't fit, but you can cobble stuff up well enough to work.  The Pad is like a big tablet.

I think I have used some 3-d objects from Windows 10 apps in Sprout.  I need to review that.  The file formats on these programs don't always interchange.

By the way, I find some Sprout apps useful, like the HP Scan for Sprout, and the mesurement app.  Small round of applause.  

I am using Windows 10 obviously, but I have not yet got the Fall Creators Version.  I did try to load the last Support Assistant  "improtant" Sprout upgrade, and it did not work.  Sprout Services refused to appear.  This was the first time I have had to restore a previous build.  I believe the update was intended for Sprout 2.  

The point of that tirade is that HP should take care of us pioneers with a little more care.

I will try to get back soon(days) with more notes.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.