Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Sprout
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Support Assistant wants me to install a Sprout Workspace Update, SP79019, Version 1.5.7.2101Hp1.

When I try to install it, it completes with failure.  Hunting through the Event Viewer for a reason, I find:

The description for Event ID 0 from source HP Sprout Workspace cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

Thread ID:3 ERROR HPSASoftwareUpdateWorkflowManager.ResetHPSAPopupNotification - Workspace Version # 1.5.4.2326 Platform Version # 1.5.4.2301
Exception: System.Exception: Issue with HPSFNotifyPopupRegistryKeyValue
   at HP.Sprout.Workspace.Common.HPSAIntegration.HPSASoftwareUpdateWorkflowManager.ResetHPSAPopupNotification()
2017-03-10 20:36:59:446

the message resource is present but the message is not found in the string/message table

I rebooted the computer, and got the same result.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Simon

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Simonstl, welcome to the forum.

You should completely uninstall HPSA and install the latest version here. I have had similar situations recently, I simply delete the update and wait for it to reappear.  When it does I install it and it normally works.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Thank you.  That got me further, to an actual installer. 

Now I get a "There is not enough space on hard drive C: to install the update", when I have 342GB (38%) free....

Thanks,
Simon

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Simonstl.

I am not certain why you are getting this error message with that much free space.  What is the update that you are trying to install?

HP Recommended

I'm trying to install a Sprout Workspace Update, SP79019, Version 1.5.7.2101Hp1.  I'm guessing it doesn't need 342GB of space.

I did run chkdsk and everything seems clear, so I'm not sure where the failure is happening.

Thanks,

Simon

HP Recommended

You are correct.  It should definitely not take that much free space to install.  I would delete it from HPSA as I suggested previously and wait awhile before trying to install it again.  Sometimes there may be a glitch that is preventing it to install.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.