Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 11 (1,635 Views)

Cannot get Sprout Workspace to work after Windows 10 10586 update

Product Name: Duh
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So, I've tried this 3 times now and it fails every time. I have my Sprout running Windows 10 10240 with all the HP Software updates, and everything works fine. Then Windows Update wants to install a Windows 10 update to 10586. I made a full backup of the drive before even attempting this. Then I let Windows Update do its thing. Once it's updated and reboots, the Sprout by HP screen stays up for several minutes after I log into Windows. Then I get the Windows desktop. No Sprout Workspace. No projected display on the mat. No lights on the mat. Nothing. Try manually starting Workspace and nothing happens. Checked Support Assistant and there are no updates I haven't installed. Restore the drive from the full backup I did to 10240 and everything works again. Have tried twice more since then to do the 10586 update and both times the same thing - it kills Workspace and the touch mat display. Nothing I do will get them to work again. I've rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled the apps, used the Recovery Manager to reinstall hardware drivers. Nothing works!

This is a major issue, since Microsoft obviously wants everyone to update to the latest version of Windows 10 and the only way to block it is to set Windows 10 to a Metered Connection under Networking. But then I'm not getting any of the Windows Updates. I can't go without updates indefinitely. Help!!!

Retired
Message 2 of 11 (1,572 Views)

Re: Cannot get Sprout Workspace to work after Windows 10 10586 update

Hi @KethanMO,

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post serial numbers and case details.

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, this post has instructions.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Tutor
Message 3 of 11 (535 Views)

did you ever get an answer to your problem with sprout workspace not working? I would really appreciate any help you can give me.

Thanks

Vickie

Top Student
Message 4 of 11 (450 Views)

My Sprout Workspace stopped working after the update last week.  I uninstalled it but have been unable to re-install.   Also having  a keyboard issue now.  Help.  Spout- M9Z25AA.  win10

Tutor
Message 5 of 11 (441 Views)

I'm still waiting for an answer to get mine back up. Have you gotten any information the fix your problem.  Any ideas what to do. I need to get this working. Good luck to you also.

Tutor
Message 6 of 11 (440 Views)

I'm still waiting on a fix to get my Workspace back up. I really need to use this function. Please Help!!

Top Student
Message 7 of 11 (428 Views)

This machine is exasperating.  A very good idea but it is so persnickity I cannot use it as my primary pc.

I was able to use the workspace last week scanning books until suddenly it quit working totally. I did the update 3 times and it still didn’t work. Monday I read through the troubleshooting and uninstalled sprout workspace. Then tried to do the update which didn’t work – then found the instructions to go to “sprout complete” and reinstall from there which I did but it still didn’t work but it did put sprout workspace back on desktop. Then I went to hp.com and again tried to dl the update – this time it said it would take 30 min....afterward it showed that “an error occurred" sent me to – view programs and features and R click on Sprout platform – change – repair. Then click yes. I did that and still no workspace so I went to folder downloads/HP downloads/ and deleted the latest sprout workspace update and then back to hp.com and installed the sprout workspace update which again sent me to "sprout platform" - to repair then it said it fixed.  I rebooted and workspace has returned to my desktop but still doesnt start.  I went to the original folder to start from there but it still doesnt start.

HP -- please make needed updates to keep this pc stable.  It is the most undependable computer I have ever owned!

Tutor
Message 8 of 11 (424 Views)

I did all the things you did and mine does not work either. You would think with all the money we spent on these they would be able to fix this. When I called their solution was for me to sell mine online and to buy a new one. That is not an option, if they are not going to stand by their computers. This computer has not been used very much at all. The reason I purchased this was to use the workspace and that is the one part that does not work. I really need to get this working where can we get help with this you would think someone would know how to fix this problem since I've seen many comments about the same issue.

Top Student
Message 9 of 11 (420 Views)

I uninstalled again, went through the whole thing - this time I also deleted the older sprout workspace update thinking maybe there were residual files left.  I left it unattended when it said it would take 30 min and when I returned I noticed that it froze (time stopped, internet stopped, mouse and keyboard wouldn't work) so I had to reboot.  I did read about the installer being an issue so I am going to do this again but not use the installer assistant....

By the way - my warranty just ran out on the 9th of January!

Tutor
Message 10 of 11 (418 Views)

I did the same but I also ran ccleaner to clean up anything left behind-thinking that would help.

But no. It still does not work. Does anyone from HP read these post or is just all automated responses??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation