Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I have newly acquired an HP Sprout that came preinstalled with windows 10.

I have performed all the updates and despite this I am unable to install a number of the applications from the sprout market place- the download seems to terminate early and generate a NSIS error suggesting the installer is corrupt.

Has anyone solved this issue ? I cannot seem to find the applications outside the Sprout market place

Many thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @mwb45 ,

I'm sorry your marketplace app install is having issues but I think I can point you in the right direction to get it resolved.

1st - Close workspace & any web browsers you have open.

2nd  -go to -> Windows Control panel - > Internet Options -> General tab then under 'Browsing History' click 'Delete..."  to clear the Windows 10 IE browser cache.

3rd - reboot system and try to install from Marketplace again

( ** This error is caused by a corrupted download cache file from a failed or incomplete download  since Sprout Workspace uses this for Marketplace downloading )

Give this a try and reply back here if you are still havign issues

~Olenn_D

I am an HP Employee - Sprout Support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

mwb45

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

You paid for free HP Tech Support as part of the warranty coverage, so you might as well make use of it.

While this PC is still under warranty, you should contact HP Customer Support directly to have them put you in touch with HP Technical Support to see what they can do about troubleshooting and repairing your machine remotely.

I did this recently and the HP Tech was able to remotely access my PC from the Internet and do the needed repairs.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

---------------------------------------
However, HP Customer Support is generally not available on the weekends, so you might have to wait until Monday to contact them. NOTE: Monday is a holiday for many companies.
---------------------------------------

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Dear Dean

I probably misled you - the Sprout is new for me but actually refurbished so unfortunately the warranty has run out in June.

Therefore any community support would be appreciated about this probelm

Martin

HP Recommended

mwb45

Sorry, know nothing about the Sprout Marketplace or how it works, so I can't help there.

As to download problems, nearly ALL of those I've read about here with Win10 were due to folks using the default Win10 Browser -- Edge.  MS configures that with settings that prevent folks from downloading -- presumably to "protect" everyone!

My suggestion, if you are using Edge, is to stop using it and switch to Internet Explorer, instead:  http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/6310-how-reset-ie-default-browser-instead-edge.html

I have done that on ALL my Win10 PCs and have no downloading problems.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hi Dean

that is a good suggestion and may well be the probelm - the probelm I have is that the sprout market place is accessed from the sprout workspace (maybe that is actually edge underneath in win10) and I have not been able to find a direct yperlink to the apps that I could paste into an alternative browser

If anyone knows where to to find the links to access them outside the sprout workspace please let me know

Martin

HP Recommended

Hello @mwb45 ,

I'm sorry your marketplace app install is having issues but I think I can point you in the right direction to get it resolved.

1st - Close workspace & any web browsers you have open.

2nd  -go to -> Windows Control panel - > Internet Options -> General tab then under 'Browsing History' click 'Delete..."  to clear the Windows 10 IE browser cache.

3rd - reboot system and try to install from Marketplace again

( ** This error is caused by a corrupted download cache file from a failed or incomplete download  since Sprout Workspace uses this for Marketplace downloading )

Give this a try and reply back here if you are still havign issues

~Olenn_D

I am an HP Employee - Sprout Support
HP Recommended

Our class just received a Sprout Pro by HP and we love it so far.  The only major issue that I am encountering is in trying to download apps from the Sprout Pro Marketplace.  When I try to download a program, two things happen when I click on the DOWNLOAD button: 1) It shows "downloading", "installing", and then quickly resets back to "Download" button and remains blue; and, 2) I receive an error message (this is the majority of attempted downloads): "This installation packet could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package".  

I just tried clearin my browsing history and restarting but it remains unresolved.  Any help that can be provided will be geatly appreciated.  I am unable to use the Rescue Calling Card support feature because it always automatically terminates before a representative is connected.  

Thank You,

Mr. Pond

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.