Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I've only had the machine for a couple days, but when i try to do a manual 3D scan the computer tries to scan the empty touch mat, and fails - giving me an error:

"Background scan failed" 

"Sprout could not scan the background. Make sure the touch mat is clear and try again."

I've ensured the matt is spotless. and repeated the process. I still can't get it to work… what is the deal? is my scanner broke?

IMG_6050.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MR_shaun

I do not have a Sprout; I have done a bit of checking for you and can offer the following:

Depending on the actual manufacture date of your Sprout, it may need one or more HP Driver / software updates.  This is true for both Sprout Windows 8.1 and Sprout Windows 10 units.

There are -- for both W8.1 and W10 -- at least a couple of 3D related drivers recommended.  Make sure you have your system backed up (Restore Point?) and check your drivers.

Drivers and Software, Troubleshooting, and Home Page for the unit:

Sprout by HP

Reference:

Sprout by HP - Updating the Software for Your Sprout by HP

Sprout by HP - Using the HP 3D Capture Stage with your Sprout by HP

related:

Sprout by HP - Using 3D Capture with your Sprout by HP

General:

Sprout by HP - FAQs for Sprout by HP

When you see a Post that helps you,

Inspires you, provides fresh insight,

Or teaches you something new,

Click the "Thumbs Up" on that Post.

Click my Answer Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MR_shaun

I do not have a Sprout; I have done a bit of checking for you and can offer the following:

Depending on the actual manufacture date of your Sprout, it may need one or more HP Driver / software updates.  This is true for both Sprout Windows 8.1 and Sprout Windows 10 units.

There are -- for both W8.1 and W10 -- at least a couple of 3D related drivers recommended.  Make sure you have your system backed up (Restore Point?) and check your drivers.

Drivers and Software, Troubleshooting, and Home Page for the unit:

Sprout by HP

Reference:

Sprout by HP - Updating the Software for Your Sprout by HP

Sprout by HP - Using the HP 3D Capture Stage with your Sprout by HP

related:

Sprout by HP - Using 3D Capture with your Sprout by HP

General:

Sprout by HP - FAQs for Sprout by HP

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

I am getting same error.  Had my Sprout for almost 1 year.  Updated to Windows 10 and got the workspace loaded, now reloading all my apps.

Downloading Sprout Workspace Update and HP PC Hardware Diagnostics.

Rich

HP Recommended

I was able to make a scan (although i need to figure out how to make them better) once I downloaded the most recent driver.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

@MR_shaun

You are welcome!

I have not had the oppurtunity to use a Sprout - I love the possibilites provided by this great device!

Good Luck and I hope you enjoy your Sprout system!

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Performed all device driver updates as well as workspace. Initially scans were working. Now back to 3D scanning locking up about 25% through every time. Always have to back out, and shut it down in program manager.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.