Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (1,814 Views)

How to restore my Sprout

Product Name: Sprout
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How do I restore my Sprout with a clean install? My system got corrupted and the HP

software no longer works.

thank you

0 Kudos
Retired
Message 2 of 3 (1,787 Views)

Re: How to restore my Sprout

Hi there @global1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are trying to do a clean install on your Sprout. I am happy to help with this.

Did your Sprout come with Windows 10 installed, or did you upgrade to Windows 10?

What do you mean when you say the HP software is not working? Are you referring to the HP Recovery Manager?  

Do you have a set of recovery media, that you previously made using the HP Recovery Manager? If not, and assuming the recovery image on your hard drive is no longer working, you would need to obtain a set of recovery media from HP.  HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

If the recovery partition is still good and the HP Recovery Manager is working, then you just need to use it to do a factory installation.  HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10)

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Highlighted
Student
Message 3 of 3 (811 Views)

Re: How to restore my Sprout

I have had thisssue on my Sprout and unfortunately waited too long to look into it and now warranty is expired.

I upgraded to windows 10 when the option came availble.. since then randomly noticed spourt workspace not working (meaning never used it).  now i spent time updating all the drivers from HP support site but not really working.

1) sprout service and workspace are not found by windows.. runing the updater is quite criptic and finishes but doesn't seem to really do anything to address the issue.  still no workspace.. tried this several times.

2) now after all the updates the lights on the controller of the pad won't turn on.

my machine came with windows 8 and was updated to 10.

what to do to reimage the machine?  i dont need any of my data.

Malygris1 wrote:

Hi there @global1,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are trying to do a clean install on your Sprout. I am happy to help with this.

Did your Sprout come with Windows 10 installed, or did you upgrade to Windows 10?

What do you mean when you say the HP software is not working? Are you referring to the HP Recovery Manager?  

Do you have a set of recovery media, that you previously made using the HP Recovery Manager? If not, and assuming the recovery image on your hard drive is no longer working, you would need to obtain a set of recovery media from HP.  HP PCs - Obtaining HP Recovery Discs or an HP USB Recovery Drive

If the recovery partition is still good and the HP Recovery Manager is working, then you just need to use it to do a factory installation.  HP PCs - Performing an HP System Recovery (Windows 10)

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

rtuna

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation