Ellamon88
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

I am looking to upgrade my son's PC for gaming

HP Recommended
HP 15-ba051wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I am looking to upgrade the processor and graphics card along with anything else needed to get my son's PC up to gaming status. It has an AMD A10-9600 quad-core APU processor and Radeon R-5.
1 REPLY 1
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,618 10,614 990 2,991
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Here is the service manual for that model line of laptops.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c05227786

Be aware that many laptops are NOT upgradeable to the CPU or the graphics.  I see no mention of the CPU being upgradeable but perhaps the graphics can, as it is listed as discrete graphics which usually means it can be removed and/or replaced.

This is not a user/hobbyist upgrade.  It might be advisable to consult with skilled techs to investigate the possible options and the cost to do the work.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation