2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 6
Flag Post

KB4038806 update windows 10 HP SPROUT noT compatible

HP Recommended
HP SPROUT 23-s110NF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Product Name: HP SPROUT 23-s110NF

Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

For memory to the community and may be an answer from HP on Microsoft's response to HP: HARD DRIVE DISTRIBUTION NOT COMPATIBLE WITH NEW UPDATE KB4038806

According to Microsoft it is necessary that HP brings a fix to this level. The stand-alone installation of the Windows 10 critical update of September 2017 is not compatible with the HP SPROUT 23-s110NF.

This installation was carried out in stand-alone mode because it did not work with the ordinary update.

1 hour of HP support could not solve the problem.

This HP Sprout acquired in September 2015 (release of Windows 10 in July 2015) really works only with Windows 8.1; according to HP.

Despite a "ask me before" passage of Windows 10; he moved in without my advice in March 2016.

Some crashes but globally, Windows 10 is pretty much supported except for Workspace which plants qd even quite often; but manageable.

With this KB4038806 update: blue screen, repair inoperative error code 0x000007b. Restore point: 1 only on 15/09 (before update) does not work (no selection box).

Failure mode: does not work.

Microsoft can do nothing, according to telephone interview this morning. Is it possible to return before this update? or have a fix to not reinstall everything?

5 REPLIES 5
wes_notebooks
Level 10
Level 10
1,524 1,436 153 1,159
Message 2 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey digital_sprout,

I've got a 23-s020 with Windows 10 installed via upgrade.  I ran HP Support Assistant after the upgrade to Win10 and it updated Workspace and a few other things.  It should be a similar setup as yours.  I'm running WU now and will try to install KB4038806 (2017-09 Security Update for Adobe Flash player for Windows 10 version 1703 for x64-based systems).

-wes

I am an HP employee.
Was this reply helpful? Yes No
wes_notebooks
Level 10
Level 10
1,524 1,436 153 1,159
Message 3 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It downloaded and installed the update along with an update for Defender defintions.  It's now installing KB4038788.  I'll restart when that is completed.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
digital_sprout
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, thank you for sharing information.

I have always use update from the HP support assistant, since Windows 8.1 and during windows 10. 

To be precise, I ran these two updates before my pc does not start anymore (blue screen 0x000007b):

2017-09 Security Update for Adobe Flash Player on Windows 10 Version 1703 on x64-based Systems (KB4038806)

2017-09 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4038788)

The KB4038788 being constantly in failure, I installed it in standalone mode.

According to the message of windows: installation KB4038788 succeeds, I had to reboot my HP Sprout.

But .. it is HS now.

what do you think of the microsoft response that tells me that the distribution of the hard drive HP Sprout is not compatible with this update windows 10?

If you have any news, I will read you with pleasure!

Have a good day, thanks

wes_notebooks
Level 10
Level 10
1,524 1,436 153 1,159
Message 5 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey digital_sprout,

The cumulative update took quite a while to complete.  I actually left and had dinner and did other activities before returning to the Sprout this morning.  I'm restarting now so we'll see how it goes.

I'm not sure about the information from Microsoft.  Without a Sprout of their own to do testing there may be some guess-work involved.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
wes_notebooks
Level 10
Level 10
1,524 1,436 153 1,159
Message 6 of 6
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, the restart and installation went well.  I am back up in Windows 10 RS2, have scanned a few objects in Workspace.  Can connect to the Internet via wireless.

A couple of things, it took a really long time for the update to install.  I left and came back the next morning.  Also, my system doesn't have very much customization at all.  I haven't changed any partitions on the hard drive or added/removed any hardware.

I think because I had success with the updates, the guidance from Microsoft doesn't make sense unless something is different on your Sprout than mine.  Original specs indicate that they are essentially the same.

I think at this point it might be best to start from scratch installing the OS, special drivers and workspace via HPSA and all the windows updares again.

-wes

I am an HP employee.
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation