Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I lost my laptop.please help me 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Arjun1995 

Welcome to the HP Community Forum.

I am sorry this happened. 

I wish we could help.

HP does not track devices and cannot help with the recovery of stolen property.

As you know, the list of what you can do "after the fact" is limited to what you can control.

Examples

• Check your purchase information for important information about the device.  For example, serial numbers, Mac Address, product number, and other identifying features might be found in purchase confirmation or product shipping emails, on the original shipping box label, or -- if you made a copy of it, in a document you mailed to yourself or saved in an offline backup / storage account.

With that information in hand,

• Contact the local authorities.
  • Contact your homeowners or renters insurance agent - ask for advice, perhaps submit a claim.
  • Change your passwords for all accounts that were on the device (in case the thief gains access).
  • IF you find your computer listed "for sale" online -- do NOT, under any circumstances, contact the seller -- contact the police.
  • If you had purchased and installed anti-theft security software, contact the security software support staff.  Example of this type of software: 

Search for "Absolute" or  "Absolute Home & Office"

• Resist the urge to share too much about the lost property with people you do not know.  Sharing private information with the wrong people might lead to even more problems.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community --

People who own, use, and support HP devices.

Click Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.