Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Sprout by HP

I have an HP SPROUT ( Model 23-s010 Product # J4W72AA#ABA) and the hard drive died, I replaced the hard drive but I can not find the recovery media on the support site. I am fine buying a new copy of Windows 10 (or 8.1) but I can not find anything to restore the original SPROUT Workspace and apps. Can someone please let me know what to do? Best I can find on a Facebook support group was all for SPROUT G2's which is not compatible with my unit. I loved the computer and I used it to do 3D scanning and my daughter loved the piano app. Any Help would be greatly appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only vendor that I know of that will have recovery media for your PC is this one:

Computer Surgeons - Windows 8.1 Recovery Kit M8V06AV For Sprout Immersive Computer Model Number 23-s...

You don't need to buy W8.1.  You can install it for free by making a bootable USB installation flash drive by downloading the W8.1 64 bit ISO file from the link below.

Download Windows 8.1 Disc Image (ISO File) (microsoft.com)

Use the free Rufus utility to transfer the ISO file to a USB flash drive so that it is bootable.

Rufus - Create bootable USB drives the easy way

Set up the Rufus utility as you see it in the above website illustration.

After W8.1 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from the support page.

HP All-in-One - 23-r010 Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.