Harutsune
Level 1
16 9 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Porting Sprout G1 workspace software to Sprout Pro G2

HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Does anyone think it is possible to adapt/install the old workspace software to a brand new G2 ?

I ask that because I have been migrating from a G1 to a G2 and I realy regret the G1 environment.

I dont understand the HP policy on that matter. 

The G1 workspace tools are much better.

Ok, the launcher is havier and demand some ressource to start but to maintain the concept of this machine, I think it is worth achieving that goal.

4 REPLIES 4
KL_Ferg
3 2 0 1
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I agree! The G2 workspace software is horrible.   I am unable to perform simple tasks like adjusting the camera resolution or croping images acquired by the system in the workspace.  Every capture is a HUGE image file that you can adjust without using 3rd party software.  This is simply LAZY programing.  Did they even look at the prior version?  The 2D capture app is a downgrade for sure!  

Harutsune
Author
Level 1
16 9 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for comforting me in that issue.

HP developers have to do something on this.

0 Kudos
Harutsune
Author
Level 1
16 9 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This Sprout G2 is a non supported machine or what ?

What are the HP devloper waiting for to give us the the same or better machine that the G1 is ?

I have bot this computer to replace the G1.

At the time I decide to go for, it was after seeing very attractive videos scanning an object hold by hand. I try to do so but never could achive a 3D scan like in the video.

This machine is a scam and HP know that.

To bad for a concept that was so innovative related to the Sprout G1.

Where are you HP support team ?

0 Kudos
JasonEV
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

So I just purchased a ProG2 and cannot get this thing to work! I also have the original G1 Sprout which works awesome but the software on this new G2 is terrible, and I saw it live and played with it at a technology conference (CEPTA) and my unit acts nothing like the YouTube videos or the one that was there. 

CPU is constantly at 100% and fan roaring, can’t get it to scan decently with the base, projector is always going out of calibration. 

My G1 got calibrated once and that was it!!!

whats the the deal with this HP Scan 5 software? 

Or or did I get a damaged machine?

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation