Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Sprout
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

*** Sprout Workspace Update now availiable ***

Details:
-  Date: 09-23-16
- Version: 1.5.4.2326 Rev.A(23 Sep 2016)
- Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) 
- File name: sp75772.exe (1.8 GB)

Description:
- Sprout Workspace 1.5.4 provides important improvements to the External Display Mixer that will support the new HP Magnifier.
- Addresses stability issues found in prior software versions.
- Added support for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition to resolve 2D Caputer issue.

Where to get it:
Workspace is listed under the 'Software Solutions" section
-  For Sprout: All downloads here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/sprout-by-hp/7471144/model/7471145
-  For Sprout Pro: All downloads here: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=10467664&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192

I am an HP Employee - Sprout Support
7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Maybe I shouldn't have rushed to install that one so fast.  I now get an error that "The Sprout Service is not available" when the machine boots, after a long wait on the animated Sprout startup page.

Any thoughts on recovery?

Sigh....

Thanks,

Simon

HP Recommended

Try a restart.  I had that problem this morning BEFORE I did the update.

I've been waiting over a month for the resolution of my problem with Sprout after I did the Windows 10 Anniversary update.  The HP update to the Workspace this morning seems to have fixed the problem with scanning documents: the down facing camera now works again.  Also, the magnifier addition looks like it works with a third monitor(I have one).  The touch mat counts as the second monitor.

I'll post updates if I find something wrong, but so far so good.

HP Recommended

Try a re-start: I had the same problem this morning before I did the update.

The update seems to have fixed my problem with the 2d scan, a problem that came up after I updated my Sprout to the Windows 10 Anniversary update.

HP Recommended

The errors survived a couple of reboots.  Rolling it back brought things back to life, and then I was able to reinstall successfully.

I don't know if it matters, but the install that wouldn't work was from the direct download from the HP site, and the success came through the HP Support Assistant.  (Which previously had seemed unable to contact its servers, but came through this time.)

So far, five minutes in, so good.

Thanks,

Simon

HP Recommended

I got the message "not enough storage from C://" or something like that, however, I have 652 GB free on my Windows (C:). On the other hand, my recovery Image (D:) only has 2.81 MB free. Could that be why the new update is not working? Is it my Recovery Image?

HP Recommended

@anonymouswhale Sorry to hear you are having this issue.  Can you do a full cold re-boot on your Spout and re-run the installer?

To do a FULL Cold Bootup:

- Hold the "SHIFT" key down and click 'Shutdown'

- Pull the power cord for 10-15 sec then plug back in

- Start system normally

This will clear any 'hung' drivers / services / apps / etc. that may be causing the installation to fail.

Let me know if this fix works or not for you.

Regards,

Olenn_D

I am an HP Employee - Sprout Support
HP Recommended

I need to reinstall the Sprout workspace software. All I get it a saying that there was an error and to restart it. I've done that many many times-restarted my computer also. Following the trouble shooter I removed sprout software then tried to reinstall but not sure if it all reloaded. I cannot find the original version that came with my machine  all I see is updates. Any you tell me how to get this back working?

Thanks

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.