09-28-2016 10:44 AM
*** Sprout Workspace Update now availiable ***
- Date: 09-23-16
- Version: 220.127.116.116 Rev.A(23 Sep 2016)
- Operating System(s): Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
- File name: sp75772.exe (1.8 GB)
- Sprout Workspace 1.5.4 provides important improvements to the External Display Mixer that will support the new HP Magnifier.
- Addresses stability issues found in prior software versions.
- Added support for Windows 10 Anniversary Edition to resolve 2D Caputer issue.
Where to get it:
Workspace is listed under the 'Software Solutions" section
- For Sprout: All downloads here: http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/sprout-by-hp/7471144/model/7471145
- For Sprout Pro: All downloads here: http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=10467664&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192
09-28-2016 06:26 PM
Maybe I shouldn't have rushed to install that one so fast. I now get an error that "The Sprout Service is not available" when the machine boots, after a long wait on the animated Sprout startup page.
Any thoughts on recovery?
09-28-2016 07:33 PM
Try a restart. I had that problem this morning BEFORE I did the update.
I've been waiting over a month for the resolution of my problem with Sprout after I did the Windows 10 Anniversary update. The HP update to the Workspace this morning seems to have fixed the problem with scanning documents: the down facing camera now works again. Also, the magnifier addition looks like it works with a third monitor(I have one). The touch mat counts as the second monitor.
I'll post updates if I find something wrong, but so far so good.
09-28-2016 07:40 PM
Try a re-start: I had the same problem this morning before I did the update.
The update seems to have fixed my problem with the 2d scan, a problem that came up after I updated my Sprout to the Windows 10 Anniversary update.
09-28-2016 07:54 PM
The errors survived a couple of reboots. Rolling it back brought things back to life, and then I was able to reinstall successfully.
I don't know if it matters, but the install that wouldn't work was from the direct download from the HP site, and the success came through the HP Support Assistant. (Which previously had seemed unable to contact its servers, but came through this time.)
So far, five minutes in, so good.
09-29-2016 01:59 PM
I got the message "not enough storage from C://" or something like that, however, I have 652 GB free on my Windows (C. On the other hand, my recovery Image (D only has 2.81 MB free. Could that be why the new update is not working? Is it my Recovery Image?
09-29-2016 02:36 PM - edited 09-29-2016 02:38 PM
@anonymouswhale Sorry to hear you are having this issue. Can you do a full cold re-boot on your Spout and re-run the installer?
To do a FULL Cold Bootup:
- Hold the "SHIFT" key down and click 'Shutdown'
- Pull the power cord for 10-15 sec then plug back in
- Start system normally
This will clear any 'hung' drivers / services / apps / etc. that may be causing the installation to fail.
Let me know if this fix works or not for you.
02-03-2017 06:59 PM
I need to reinstall the Sprout workspace software. All I get it a saying that there was an error and to restart it. I've done that many many times-restarted my computer also. Following the trouble shooter I removed sprout software then tried to reinstall but not sure if it all reloaded. I cannot find the original version that came with my machine all I see is updates. Any you tell me how to get this back working?