Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-cc123cl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My laptop has been stolen from India. I need a quick resolution from your side how to lock the laptop as it carries many confidential data.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@spg_sj7
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details). 

Meanwhile, register, you're stolen computer incident to nearby law enforcement or police office and file an FIR.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is probable to late but it could still help others???

Find and lock a "Lost/Stolen" Windows device:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/11579/microsoft-account-find-and-lock-lost-windows-device

Go to "Settings" then "Update & Security"

Then click on the "Find my Device" tab.

Under: "Take more action for a lost device on your account page"

Click on "account.microsoft.com/devices"

Track#4.PNG

It shows the location and last time your Microsoft Devices were used.

This is for my ZBook that I am using now and my E6510 last used 7/4/19.

Track#3.PNG

I could zoom-in to street "HOME" location but for privacy I will not:

Just be assured you can go down to street "HOME" location!!!

As long as it has a "Microsoft Account" set up on the device you can track it, lock it and in some cases take a picture of the person using it!!!

Give it a try.

Best regards,

TS15OER

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.