global1
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Unable to calibrate my Sprout

HP Recommended
Sprout
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a system restore, I cannot calibrate my Sprout PC. All I get everytime is "Sprout could not calibrate your system". I upgraded to Windows 10 and got all the latest updates and I also ran a hardware diagnostics test.

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
OvaisWahid
Level 1
8 6 1 0
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i had the same problem ...

i have solved this as follows...you may check yours for the same reason as mine

Re: Solved....touch mat cailbration fails

The touch mat has white colored area for sensing...and wide gray borders around this white area.

While sprout is calibrating...it projects light on the touch mat     .    ALL FOUR EDGES OF WHITE AREA MUST BE WITHIN THIS PROJECTED LIGHT ....IF ANY OF THE FOUR EDGES IS LYING OUTSIDE THE PROJECTION..  IT WILL FAIL THE CALIBRATION AND GIVING YOU ERROR  "TOUCH MAT CAN NOT BE DETECTED"... this error message is so confusing that you thought about some hardware failure or malfunctioning...

Although i placed the sprout on a flat surface ...the lower edge of white area was lying outside the projection from sprout while calibrating.. i simple placed a flat piece of uniform thickness below the CPU front edge..it  made all the four edges covering the projection ...hence calibrating easily now...

i m still unable to 3d scan correctly...ALL  3D SCANS ARE BENDING ALONG ONE DIRECTION..i.e .. from me towards screen..

0 Kudos
global1
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your suggestion. As far as I can see, the projector light is illuminating the white part

of the touch mat all the way to the edge and since this issue occured, I never even moved anything. HP seems to think its a hardware issue after I reinstalled everything several times with no success.How can I know for sure its not hardware?

0 Kudos
OvaisWahid
Level 1
8 6 1 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

please  check the following...

Remove your touchmat....is there some metal particles stuck to the magnetic face of both the touch mat and the mating surface in the sprout...it may create some gap or tilting of the touchmat...which may cause a few pins not making contact..

This happened to my sprout once...the magnets in both parts are so powerfull the metalic particles were penetrated into the plastic body at both sides 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation