Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 2 (1,016 Views)

downward facing camera works perfectly but software doesnt detect it.

Product Name: HP Sprout Downward Facing Came
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my downward facing camera is not "detected" by the Sprout software and says this each time:

hppc_result value as (1.80d.804.0) init_perc_failure)

I went to the windows camera driver for downard facing camera....and windows 10 says it cant update it for me and to contact the manufacturer... but i feel like HP Sprout is just waiting the workstation to update it and the workstation thinks the camera works until it trieds to access it.  i dont know. I need help.  

The camera obviously works since you see the image up on the screen. I could screencaputure and have my image but the software says it cant detect it.  SOOO frustrating . i have updated everyitng I can think of through their system too, to no avail.

help!  Thanks. 

Highlighted
Intern
Message 2 of 2 (968 Views)

Re: downward facing camera works perfectly but software doesnt detect it.

Hello @appthinker,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your Sprout cameras. If you can download and run our HP Sprout Maintainance Pack ( http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/sprout-by-hp/7471144/model/7471145/swItemI... ) This will reset all the cameras / drivers to our defaults and 'should ' take care of this issue.

~Olenn_D

I am an HP Employee - Sprout Support
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation