Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Sprout by HP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased an HP sprout around five months ago. I recently discovered that the microphone is not working when I tried to use it on an application I have. It's windows 10 and always up to date. I tried downloading the audio drivers from HP site but this did not help. I also reset to factory setting several times but this did not fix the problem. Any suggestion on why a microphone may not work? Any input would be appreciated with many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi there @noramus,

I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having trouble with the microphone on your Sprout. I am happy to help with this.

Please give this document a try: HP PCs - Resolving Microphone Problems (Windows 10, 😎, and let me know if it helps or not.

I look forward to seeing your response, but if that document does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated. 

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi there @noramus,

I hope you find your Support Forum experience a positive one! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that you are having trouble with the microphone on your Sprout. I am happy to help with this.

Please give this document a try: HP PCs - Resolving Microphone Problems (Windows 10, 😎, and let me know if it helps or not.

I look forward to seeing your response, but if that document does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated. 

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thanks a lot that was quite helpful. By following the steps and checking all components, I realised that the microphone works, for example when using voice recorder. The problem occurs when using a specific program online, which is rosetta stone website for language teaching. When I change the default microphone to my external wireless mic headset, it works. However, when I set the default to the internal built-in  mic which is Realtek, the website does not detect the microphone nearly most of the times. So, it seems there is a problem with the program itself on the website. I wish I can fix it, however I am glad it is not a problem with the internal microphone itself but rather the way the program communicates with the internal microphone. I am just wondering why it is able to detect a wireless mic and works well.

Thanks

Cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.