cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
pat8635
Level 3
58 50 0 4
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

4 steps to shut this dang thing off??? REALLY

HP Recommended

We need to change out the battery all the time if we use the phone...They ask us to turn the phone off before we swap out the battery. 

Is it me or is this a bit much...

TO TURN OFF PHONE...

1.  Hold power switch on upper right

2.  Select Soft switch

3.  Select another soft switch to turn off/swap battery

4.  Select final soft switch

And, after 1.3.5 my wonderful Pre hangs on start up and just reminds me that it was Palm that is causing my frustration.  The Palm logo just sits there, I have waited up to 6 minutes before pulling the battery back out!

Post relates to: Pre p100eww (Sprint)

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
Tribbles
Level 5
207 196 9 21
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I don't understand why you would change the battery on a Pre. My reason for removing the battery would be to change it when it wears out in a couple of years. Are you using a spare battery to lengthen your useful life? 

As Pre is running a version of Linux, it makes sense to shut down the OS in a structured fashion before removing the battery. If you pull the battery while a computer is still running, you will damage files. While it is physically feasible to just pull the battery on many smart-phones, it is inadvisable. As smart-phones have become much more like miniature laptops, the times for procedures like boot and shut-down will become more like those of a laptop.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation