Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hey,

i lost my acceca x64 palm driver somehow, their website is down...

I need it really bad, could you email it quick to me at {Personal Information Removed} please

Tks!!!!!!!!!

HP Recommended

WOW! I did as WyreNut directed, downloaded the Aceeca driver, read the pdf and folloed it exactly, and I can now hotsync once again. Thank you very much, WyreNut and Aceeca :OpenSmile:

Richard

HP Recommended

I just sent it, but your address is confusing, e.g., by {Personal Information Removed}

HP Recommended

hey so much tks, yes it is {Personal Information Removed} ...just didn't wnt the spam crawlers catch my emil address )

HP Recommended

yeah it's [Personal Information Removed]

HP Recommended

Folks, posting a valid email address in a Public forum is akin to writing your phone number on the wall of the Bus station!  Web crawlers and spambots will harvest your address, and you will be inundated with spam.

Please use the Private Messaging system we have available here to all members!

Click on the nickname of the person you wish to message, then look in the right colum of the page that opens for "Send user a Private Message".

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

I am trying to add ACEECA but I do not know which file to use.  I thought I would see an exe file but I have DLL and sys files neither I can open.  I tried following your comment to COMPDAVE but I am still lost.

Blaine

HP Recommended

Blaine, that was my first impression also; then I decided to take WyreNut's advice and read the PDF instructions. Please do that and all will become clear. You are looking for an executablel file to install the drive, but this doesn't work like that.

HP Recommended

It worked for me for a few months until today.  I tried to reinstall the driver using the same procedures but not working.  "USD Device Not Recognized" and when I go to Device Manager the "unknown device" keeping flashing after reinstallation.  How can I fix it?  Thank you.

HP Recommended

Check the simple things first - USB cable is undamadged, HotSync port clean & shiny, etc.

Sometimes the updates that MicroSoft send to your computer can break Palm Desktop.

I'd suggest a "Clean Uninstall" and reinstall of the software.

These instructions are for Vista but should work for Win7.

You should first make a copy of your data to have just in case something happens. You can find your data files by going to Start --> Documents --> Palm OS Desktop. Highlight your Palm Desktop username and right click and copy. Then go to your PC desktop right click on a blank spot and select paste.

If this is the first time you are installing Palm desktop and encountering a problem, skip the previous step. If you are not concerned about your data at this point, skip the next step.

Now you want to uninstall Palm Desktop and remove everything that has to do with Palm Desktop from your computer. Go to the following locations on the PC and delete the folders listed below. C:\Program Files\Palm or Palm One C:\Users\[Vista Login Name]\appdata\local\virtualstore\Program Files\Palm or PalmOne C:\Users\[Vista Login Name]\appdata *Note you may need to view hidden folders to get to appdata. To do that go into your control panel and open folder options. Go to view tab and uncheck hide hidden files.

When using Palm desktop 6.2, look in my documents or documents and delete the PalmOS desktop folder. This is the location of the PD 6.2 data files.

Once this is done you will need to delete some registry keys from your PC Operating System.

Word of warning, going here and deleting the wrong thing can cause your PC from starting up, crashing and deletion of programs and data. If you feel you are unsure of yourself, see if you have a friend that can help you or a PC technician that you can pay to help you. This procedure will show them everything they need to delete. To make sure we have a good copy of the current registry, we need to do a backup of the Registry.

Go to start on the PC, in the search field type "regedit.exe" without quotes.

Highlight COMPUTER, go to File --> Export. Should pop up with a Save As box. Current location is fine, should be in My Documents or save to a location you will remember. In the file name on the bottom type "backup[todaysdate]" i.e. backup07072008. Next, the hard part.

The easiest way to make sure your working with the correct key, highlight the key i.e. palm quick install, and press delete on your keyboard. It will ask you, are you sure. Say yes. Do the same thing for all keys below.

If you make a mistake, stop what you are doing. And call a PC technician. BUT do not turn off your computer.

The reg keys are as follows (Note: some of theses reg keys will not be here but if they are delete them)

* HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\U.S. Robotics\Palm Quick Install * HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\U.S. Robotics\PalmOne File Transfer * HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\U.S. Robotics\Pilot Desktop * HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Palm * HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Palm, Inc. * HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PalmDesktopAutorun * HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\palmOne * HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PalmSource * HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\PalmSource or anything else that says palm

Next reboot your computer.

Then reinstall your Palm desktop from the CD and do a hotsync. If it asks you for a username, enter the name that is on your device in the upper right corner of the hotsync screen.

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.