Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
AminosIT Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

8 GB eMMC SSD not found for Slate 7

Hello ;

I have a problem of stotage in my hp slate 7 . i could not use the 8 GB eMMC SSD i only can use the 1gb ram memory .

please can any one helps me

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
Retired
Retired
7164 6880 341 886
Message 2 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi AminosIT, sorry to hear that you are having memory issues on your Slate 7.  I have found a document that I think will help you with the issue at hand.  Please click on the link that I have provided.    http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00820047

If this does NOT resolve the issue, Please feel free to respond.

Thanks in advance

Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" at the bottom of this post to say “Thanks” for helping!
Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

W a t e r b o y 71
I work on behalf of HP
0 Kudos
AminosIT Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I was asking if the 8GB eMMC Mass Storage Memory mentioned in the product specification here http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03726652

can be used without adding a micro sd card 

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
16121 14867 1025 2034
Message 4 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The Slate7 starts out with 8GB of internal storage, then the OS and supplied apps are added.

What problems are you having?   Trying to use storage space as RAM?

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.

You too can become an HP Expert! Details HERE!

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
AminosIT Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

the problem is that in the storage menu I can see only  the 1GB ram memory, the 8GB internal storage is not shown here is a screenshot

Screenshot_2013-11-13-12-14-20[1].png

also when i connect my slate 7 to my pc i have only the 1GB memory 

internal strorage.PNG

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
16121 14867 1025 2034
Message 6 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

That does not look normal.

Have you rebooted the device and checked again?  Press and hold the power button until the menu appears and choose "Power Off".  After it goes blank, press and hold the power button again until you see the HP logo.

WyreNut

If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!
0 Kudos
AminosIT Honor Student
Honor Student
4 3 0 0
Message 7 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The problem remains plllz help 

0 Kudos
Provost
Provost
16121 14867 1025 2034
Message 8 of 8
Flag Post
HP Recommended

1. Try turning the device off, then press and hold the power button, volume up, and volume down buttons until a text menu appears.  Use the volume switch to navigate the selection to "restart system now". Use the power button to select it. See if the display is correct.  If not, proceed to the next step.

The next steps can and will erase any personal data on the decice, so be forewarned!

2. Follow the instructions to do a backup and Factory Reset from this page:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03678322

3. If still no joy, contact HP.  To contact HP directly, click this link: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/contact.html

WyreNut

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation