Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-14-2011 03:59 PM
07-15-2011 05:59 PM
Friend is using the TP right now, and cannot find a way to open any of the emails listed! Normally, from a computer he would just double-click an email to open one.
How can this be accomplished with a TP?
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
07-16-2011 06:41 PM
- precentral.net - can't reply to front page stories
- docs.google.com - cut/copy/paste tags and select handles don't show up properly
- evernote.com - cut/copy/paste tags and select handles don't show up properly
07-16-2011 10:26 PM
- Do you have a Hulu free or Hulu Plus account?
- Hulu Plus
- Do you log-in or just browse?
- log in
- What's the throughput of your internet connection?
- not sure, I'm temporarily renting an apt that includes cable internet ... probably not the highest speed, but I can stream Hulu videos on both my laptops. Wireless router is Linksys 802.11g, 2.4 GHz with "Speed Booster"
- What other applications/websites do you have open at the same time?
- I tried shutting down down everything except the browser on the TouchPad, and by everything, I mean I also shut down the wireless connection on all my other devices so that the TouchPad was the only device using my connection.
- What do you have enabled/disabled in your Web Preferences (tap on Web, then Preferences)
- Under content, everything is enabled.
Even with nothing else on my wirless network except the TouchPad, the connection seems to lag a lot more than it does on my laptops. Web pages load much slower, and streaming video (tried hulu and YouTube) just doesn't work well at all. I would be happy to blame it on my router or even the cable connection speed except that my laptops have no issue. In fact, I can stream video to both my laptops simultaneously. Granted there is some video stuttering when I do that, but it does work. Yet I can't stream video to my TouchPad even when there is no other traffice on the network.
And I'm not the only one. There is another thread discussing the lag (and other wi-fi issues that I haven't encountered) here: http://forums.precentral.net/hp-touchpad/287224-wifi-issues-touchpad-3.html#post3025938
07-17-2011 06:47 AM
The digital edition of the Detroit Free Press. You have to have a paid account to get into the site. Pages don't scroll up and down - the site is expecting mouse dragging and of course there is no mouse on the Touchpad . The has been reported to the Free Press, but no reply.
07-17-2011 12:48 PM
The following URL consistently resets my Touchpad, do not navigate to it with the tPad browser unless you are prepared for a reset.
07-18-2011 05:29 AM
when using usaa.com banking site, browser just loops on loading (icon blinks but transactions never show up) when attempting to open and view transactions. All other parts of the site seem to work fine.