Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Pavilion n208tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to know about motherboard ram frequency how much capacity have the motherboard i.e 1600 mhz or 2400 mhz?? And Can I use dual channel gaming rams in it??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Zealspen,

Good day. Thank you for posting in the HP community. I have reviewed the case and it will be an absolute honor to assist you. I see that you've reached out for the first time and let's work as a team to get to the bottom of things here.  Superb observations and great description of the issue. Kudos to you for that. 

• DId you check the product specifications of the computer?
  • Did you check the service and Maintenance guide?

Here are the product specifications link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-15-n200-notebook-pc-series/6529948/model/6622575/do... (Product specs)

• Memory
  • 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 4 GB) is what you currently have.

The service and maintenance guide is very clear please check the link: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c04438537 

2,22,27, 42 and 43 for the complete memory configuration that is supported by this computer with the bus speeds and part numbers along with how to replace the RAM modules.

• This is the supported type of memory. Yes, it is dual channel. supports up to 12 GB in the following configurations It is a 1600MHz module. (for select models)
  • Memory Two SODIMM customer-accessible/upgradable memory module slots
  • DDR3L-1600-MHz dual channel support DDR3L-1600-MHz single channel support Supports up to 12 GB max system memory (DDR3L-1600MHz module), (select models only) Supports the following system RAM configurations:
  • ● 12288 MB (8192 MB×1+ 4096 MB×1)
  • ● 8192 MB (8192 MB×1 or 4096 MB×2); not supported on computer models equipped with a 32-bit operating system
  • It also depends on the operating system being 32 bit or 64 bit.
  • Please check with a local technician also to avoid compatibility issues later on before the upgrade.

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.