Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
slate 10 HD
Other

I Have a HP slate 10HD. Great tablet... Lately my auditing app did not want to work and found out that the andriod version on the tablet is too old. 4.3.3. Is there a way to upgrade this version to a higher version?

Thank You!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Manusdw

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

1. Open your Android's Settings. . ...
  2. Scroll to the bottom of the menu and tap About device. ...
  3. Tap System update. ...
  4. Tap Check for update. ...
  5. Tap Download or Yes if an update is available. ...
  6. Tap Install Now after the update has downloaded.

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi There.

I have done this, but it tells me the system is up to date.

However the Andriod version is 4.3.3. This is too old to run most of the apps on the tablet including the google apps.

Is there another solution where a higher version of android can be installed?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Sorry, HP abandoned the Android community years ago...  There are no further updates available.  😞

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
HP Recommended

I have an HP10G2 Tablet.  Under "About tablet" in the settings I don't have an option to update the Android Version.  I can't use anymore with my banking or quite a few other apps.  Any suggestions?  Can I update?

Thank you!

HP Recommended

@MandC wrote:

I have an HP10G2 Tablet.  Under "About tablet" in the settings I don't have an option to update the Android Version.  I can't use anymore with my banking or quite a few other apps.  Any suggestions?  Can I update?

Thank you!

Nope, sorry.  There are no more updates available from HP.   😞

WyreNut

-------------------------------------------------
Former Expert in the PalmOS, WebOS, and Android sections of this Community Forum.
I am a Volunteer here, not employed by HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.