Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP 10 G2
Android 5.0 - 5.1.1 Lollipop

Every time I boot my tablet, the message "Android is optimizing app 1 of 1" appears.  After it finally finishes, tablet use is normal.  I've tried wiping the cache partition with no luck.  There is no SD card installed.  Trying to avoid a hard reset.  Any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@ichabod92

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Support Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, there's an issue with the "Optimizing App" error.

Let's try these steps -

Step 1 Hard Reset -

Press and hold down the power button for more than eight seconds. After the tablet fully shuts down, wait a few seconds, and then press the power button to turn on the tablet.

Step 2 Force stop the app, Wipe Cache and Data -

1) Go to Settings. Then navigate to Apps and find the tab for All.
2) Select Google Play Services and then go to FORCE STOP and stop the app. Then choose CLEAR CACHE

Step 3 Re-add the Google Account -

1) Go to Settings. Then choose Accounts.
2) Then select the account and then select the menu option or the 3 vertical dots located at the top-right of the screen. Then click on Remove account.
3) Reboot the tab and re-add the account. 

If the issue still persists, try resetting the tab. Refer to this document for steps.

Hope this helps!

Let me know how that goes.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day ahead 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.