cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
manhattanmarg
Level 2
17 13 1 1
Message 1 of 29
Flag Post

Solved!

Applications Updates?

HP Recommended

Every time I click on the update icon, I get the message "Application updates are now available" and a place to click to "Show Updates" - I do so, and a list of My Applications shows up, but there is no bar saying install - just a list of my apps - what's up with that?

thanks - hope I explained myself clearly - 

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Trekker_1
Level 2
19 16 2 0
Message 9 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
This is a known issue, I'm pretty sure Palm support is aware of it.

There are 2 things that you can try:

1) Open the app catalog, click on the shopping bag and look for any app that needs updated, at the bottom there may be an update all button.

2) If that doesn't work, the problem is usually caused by an app that you previously had on your phone and then removed. That particular app gets updated and your phone still thinks you have it installed so you get the "update available" message.

The only way to fix it is to try and recall which app you recently removed, and then re-install it. You can then delete it pressing the orange button/tap app method.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
28 REPLIES 28
tagz
Level 7
1,030 976 78 106
Message 2 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I am getting the same. I know a few others are as well. I have just ignored it for now. Hoping next update would clear it up.
0 Kudos
manhattanmarg
Author
Level 2
17 13 1 1
Message 3 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

interesting - good to know that I'm not alone!  every once in a while I do get a notification that actually allows me to update an app, but they are few and far between - let's keep hoping that this WILL straighten itself out with 1.4 - 

thanks!

0 Kudos
cabrales
Just joined
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
I lost my update ichon. How do i get it back?
0 Kudos
jchnny
Just joined
5 4 0 0
Message 5 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm having this problem too.  I've tried a full erase and webos doctor 1.4.  It still says there are "Application updates are unavailable", but when I click "Show Updates", there are NONE on the "My applications" page.  Hmm.

I've read other people's comments saying it won't fix it reinstalling earlier webos versions either.  Does this mean the ghost application is on the server side in my Palm Profile?

0 Kudos
thepoeta15
Level 9
3,590 3,578 116 145
Message 6 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Are you seeing "Application updates are available"? Reason I am asking is you posted "Application updates are unavailable"

If that is the case then the reason you are not seeing app updates is because there is none.

0 Kudos
manhattanmarg
Author
Level 2
17 13 1 1
Message 7 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have a new take on this issue - it could very well mean that there are updates available for SOME applications, and not necessarily the ones that are installed on my Pre - because of the fact that some of my apps every once in a while do have updates - but a number of them just are fine the way they are and don't need updating ...

so, really, it's a non-issue, right? :smileyhappy:

0 Kudos
tagz
Level 7
1,030 976 78 106
Message 8 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
One theory I have heard is it has to do with applications you at one time had on the pre but deleted. When those get an update its showing you have an update. Installing the old app and then deleting it clears the issue....so i hear.
0 Kudos
Trekker_1
Level 2
19 16 2 0
Message 9 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended
This is a known issue, I'm pretty sure Palm support is aware of it.

There are 2 things that you can try:

1) Open the app catalog, click on the shopping bag and look for any app that needs updated, at the bottom there may be an update all button.

2) If that doesn't work, the problem is usually caused by an app that you previously had on your phone and then removed. That particular app gets updated and your phone still thinks you have it installed so you get the "update available" message.

The only way to fix it is to try and recall which app you recently removed, and then re-install it. You can then delete it pressing the orange button/tap app method.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
WaltL_1
Just joined
5 4 0 0
Message 10 of 29
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hopefully there is a better solution. I certainly can't remember all of the apps I've tried and deleted.

Since the 1.4 update I get the "Application updates are now available" "Show Updates" screen, even if no apps have updates, 100% of the time.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation