Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite x2 1012 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I need some help. I purchased this laptop 10 months back, but lately, i have been experiencing battery drain while laptop is turned off. (with Keyboard atatched). In one night, i saw 15% drain . 

I have updated by laptop with most upto date drives and BIOS version 01.27 Rev.A. 

I still have warrently left, not sure what should I do ? Should I take it to service center or it is a software issue ?

Hopeing to find a solution. Thank you, 

Cheers,

Nik 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@Nik_HK

The battery is perhaps in need of calibration.

Batteries do age -- as they get older, they don't behave as they did when they were new.  

My suggestions.. at the least:

• Check / Test for calibration.
  • Check / Read the document about Warranties for Business Notebooks (I believe this may apply in spite of the fact that your system is a tablet - I could be wrong.)
  • Contact HP and ask for help -- warranty coverage is good for business notebooks and you will likely get the information / help you need.

Things that are the Battery

Accepted Solution - Battery won't Charge or Battery won't Hold a Charge

The solution includes a link to an article that explains Smart Battery Technology:  

Battery use and care, how batteries perform over time, and expected battery life.

Battery having trouble?

The battery might be OK and just need calibration (balance / set).

The steps to check / calibrate / replace the battery are included in this document:

HP Notebook PCs - HP Battery Alert Appears Before Windows Starts

Calibrate the Battery -- Link for Windows 10:

Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows 10)

Document includes information and link for using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) and / or using the HP Support Assistant to test the battery.

If you determine that you need to purchase a battery or charger for your computer, you may find the part(s) in HP PartSurfer.

Open PartSurfer

• Select your Country
  • Enter your device Product Number, Serial Number, or Part Number in the Quick Search box
  • HINT: To see a system-specific list, replace the Product Number with your device Serial Number
  • Items accompanied by a tiny box in the Add-to-Cart column are available for purchase

Parts marked as available for purchase might be available from:  HP Parts Store

OR

Use your search engine to find the part at your favorite online store.

The battery might be on a Recall List:

HP Replacement programs and product recalls

Semi-Related:

HP Notebook PC AC Power Cord Safety Recall and Replacement Program - August 26, 2014

Tips for extending / improving battery service

Microsoft - Battery saving tips

Business Notebooks – “Ship” mode for notebook battery storage – Important Information

Advisory: HP Notebook PCs - Batteries May Not Charge After Extended Storage Period

Notice: HP Business Notebooks - Understanding Battery Warranties for Business Notebooks

HP Contact Information – Sales, Technical Support, other Contacts 

Scams and Unscrupulous Contacts – Please READ:

Be aware of scams, thieves, and vermin that infest the underbelly of the forum. 

These people are NOT here to help you.

AND

Signs of Vermin:

• Do not respond to “for hassle free help – call us at this number” messages.
  • HP does not post unsolicited private messages that contain embedded phone numbers or email addresses.
  • HP does NOT sign email or messages as “Helpdesk”, “TechHelp”, “TechDesk” or similar.
  • Verify all phone numbers against HP Contact information in HP Documents.
  • HP will not call you to tell you there is a problem on your computer.
  • HP will not call you and ask for your personal information.
  • HP will not call you to offer you money.
  • HP will not insist that you let the technician log into your computer.
  • HP will not tell you your computer is full of malware and then offer to sell you a “plan”.
  • Avatars and "HP" emblems inside an email or message can be faked.

HP and Forum Community HP Experts do NOT message, call, or email you and promise to fix a problem if you would just "call this number", give out your personal information, promise your first-born child, provide a credit card number.

HP Contact Options…

Open Browser to HP Forum,

Scroll down to the bottom of the page,

Click Contact HP

Click Support

Follow instructions

Technical Support Details

USA / Canada

1. Submit information online: HP Customer Support - USA / Canada - Contact
  2. Sign in or continue as a guest

UK

1. For faster support, submit information online HP Customer Support - UK - Contact
  2. Contact Phone: Contact HP UK – Phone Assist

Everywhere else

1. Contact Information: HP World-Wide Support

Additional Information - "Things that are HP"

HP on Facebook

Need help finding your computer?

Visual search-and-click to assist finding your computer model

Help to find Product Information:

Warranty Check

NOTE:  Use the "multiple systems" method to check your single system or multiple systems

• If necessary, Select your Country on the main website page
  • Scroll down > To the right of Check multiple warranties, Click Continue
  • Enter Serial Number and Countryfor one or more devices / systems to be checked
  • Click the box to verify you are "Not a robot"
  • Click Submit(at bottom of list entries)
  • When the page opens, Click View Details

Warranty Dispute

Click Thumbs Up on a post to say Thank You!

Answered? Click post "Accept as Solution" to help others find it.

Dragon-Fur

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.