cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
228Randy
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

Battery Swelled Up

HP Recommended
HP 10 G2
Android 4.1 and older

My daughter's tablet battery swelled up and busted the tablet apart. This is unsatisfactory. There is no way to get in touch with anyone at HP to discuss this. Someone at HP needs to get in touch with me asap.tab1.jpgtab2.jpgtab3.jpg

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
rick-s
Retired
Retired
2,526 2,501 105 386
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@228Randy

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP.
0 Kudos
228Randy
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.

No one has been in touch yet.

0 Kudos
dpoon73
5 4 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi another HP users... I face similiar problem with mine... and after 12 days.. I get a response.

--------------

As discussed today & as updated by the technical support team

“ The HP Safety Council has investigated these issues and determined that there is no safety issue”  as per the link https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c05640567.

Hence replacement or refund is not an option.

I would advise to look in to the option of buying a new unit.

I will go ahead and close this case now.

If you need any info about the latest deals and offers on HP units please revert.

--------------

So do not hope for much unless it is under warranty.  

Please share your experience if it is different, maybe in other country, the HP service team does things differently.  

0 Kudos
songpoet
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Same thing happened to me.  In my case, I thought it had to do with my notebook carrying case because the keyboard was warped. When I got home I opened the notebook (screwdriver and pry tool) and immediately saw the swollen battery.  Because my warrantee had expired I bought a replacement battery on Amazon for $40 which arrived two days later.  I've been reading that one thing that causes this is overcharging.  I found a small program called Battery Limiter (it's free) and it sounds an alarm when the battery reaches 90% (I changed it to 96%) so you can unplug the power adapter.  Elsewhere, I read that you need to replace the battery every two years anyway so this might give you an extra year or so more life on the battery.  The point is that leaving the notebook plugged in all the time isn't the intended use by design.  The battery expects to be charged and discharged.  I'm now considering shutting it down at night or whenever I plan to be away for any extended period of time.

0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation