cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Highlighted
Silversurfer72
2 1 0 0
Message 21 of 62
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Battery dies after 20 hours of non-use.

Well I have another Android Teblet with Jeally Bean..(Asus Padfone2) and I have installed the same Apps on both..

Also Facebook.....and the Asus Tablet only uses 7% in 24hrs being in standby. (synchronisation turned off on both)

I really hope we can find the root cause and solve it, because with a draining battery in standby of 80% in 24 hrs the Slate is ...sorry HP..USELESS as a tablet.

If I have to tunr it completely off...I can stay with my Ultrabook....this boots faster WIN8 than the Slate is booting from being completely OFF

Regards

0 Kudos
ockro
5 5 0 0
Message 22 of 62
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello!

I have the same problem. At night, charge to 100%, i turn off wifi and screen, but the next day dawns with the battery drained to half.

Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/HF7FJO5.png

I restored the device, and disabled all applications (those that allow) without success 😞

In my case I have v1.05.6_user version.

Sorry for my bad English

0 Kudos
hairykewell
6 6 0 0
Message 23 of 62
Flag Post
HP Recommended

it's another HP Fail

0 Kudos
Level 12
5,111 4,679 226 562
Message 24 of 62
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This Slate 7 is on 2 days 7 hours of battery, with 58% remaining.

Slate 7 battery.png

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Slate 7 at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.

0 Kudos
ockro
5 5 0 0
Message 25 of 62
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ok, now try it with the Wifi off. The 58% remaining battery will not last more than 10 hours. :Wink:

0 Kudos
Level 12
5,111 4,679 226 562
Message 26 of 62
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@ockro wrote:

@smkranz Ok, now try it with the Wifi off. The 58% remaining battery will not last more than 10 hours. :Wink:

Understood.  But, if turning Wi-Fi off makes the battery burn faster, and the user knows that, why would the user do that?

:Wink:

As a top contributor to the HP Consumer Support Forums, HP provides me access to the Slate 7 at no charge so I may better respond to the questions raised on the Forum.

0 Kudos
edfardos
Level 2
10 8 0 4
Message 27 of 62
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Because leaving wifi on also burns the battery, just not as bad as a cpu that never sleeps because wifi is off.  It's the lesser of two power drain problems.  If the cpu could sleep while wifi was off, we'd see much longer battery life overall.  A user will also be required to disable wifi during a commercial flight.

I'm confident HP can/will fix this along with the unuseably distorted bluetooth audio.  It's a first generation product, and at this price point, pretty darn good.  Honestly, if HP fixes these two issues, it's a *very* competitive device.

0 Kudos
Level 6 Holly_J
Level 6
410 394 23 135
Message 28 of 62
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Has anyone tried this?

Go to Settings > Apps > Maps. Uninstall Updates. After updates are uninstalled, Disable Maps. (You cannot uninstall the built-in Google apps, but you can try this to stop them from updating and using battery while supposedly in idle.)

I'd forgotten, but this solved the battery issues I was having very early on with mine.

Also see:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/7-free-google-services-that-cost-you-battery-life-privacy-android/

https://coderwall.com/p/lg-wmg (Note some of the comments, as well.)

These are operating system issues with Android. And you may be able to disable just the parts of the apps that are causing the most battery drain (e.g., location services) without resorting to such drastic measures as disabling the app entirely. But if you do want to disable (you can't uninstall) a built-in app, you should be able to do that - but may first have to uninstall updates before you'll see an option to disable. Force Stop won't work forever. Disable will.

------------
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

Please click the little thumbs-up dealybopper to the lower right if my reply was helpful to you. Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem. This will help others, too!
0 Kudos
Dipesh_RATHI
4 4 0 0
Message 29 of 62
Flag Post
HP Recommended

You can fix it first open play store and in search type battery doubler download this app and turn this on that's it!
0 Kudos
ockro
5 5 0 0
Message 30 of 62
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Holly_J I have disabled ALL applications, newly factory reset, and the problem persists with Wifi off.

@Dipesh_RATHI wrote:
You can fix it first open play store and in search type battery doubler download this app and turn this on that's it!

This is like using a bazooka to kill a fly.

The only method I've found is, Wifi enabled and set automatic off in standby.

Settings > Wifi > Advanced > Use Wi-Fi in suspension  > Never

This screenshot shows the battery level after a night with Twitter, Facebook, Gmail and Flipboard installed. Synchronization Enabled and no blocked application.

http://i.imgur.com/bk1hcOB.png

Edit: This is only a TEMPORARY solution. I hope that HP send an update to fix this error. So this thread is not solved yet.

0 Kudos

Note on archived topics.

This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant.
If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation