cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
Luckylucyano
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

Battery discharge

HP Recommended
Slate6
Android 4.4 KitKat
My phone temperature increases (too hot) and my battery discharges very fast while browsing. What could be the cause and what can I do to resolve this?.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Malygris1
Retired
Retired
7,771 6,895 454 848
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello again @Luckylucyano,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel. I understand that your device is draining the battery faster than expected and running hot. I am happy to help with this.

Please see this document, which shows how to conserve power or how to find which apps or processes are consuming power, so you can choose to disable those services if you are not using them.

HP Tablets - Changing Power Settings and Modes (Android KitKat, Jelly Bean)

It may also help with the heat issue you describe, as lower or slower power use is going to generate less heat. However if you find there is still significant heat, more than has been normal, there may be a physical problem. In that case I would suggest contacting phone support. Please use the following http://www.hp.com/contacthp and create a case for your issue and contact HP. If you live outside the US/Canada, please click the link below to get the contact information for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html

Please let me know how that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
Luckylucyano
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended
Thanks very much. Solutions worked. Much appreciated.
0 Kudos
ArchivedThis topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation