Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Elite X3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

Since about a week ago, my phone's battery dives from 25% charge down to 6%, and of course I get a "Battery extremely low" message, which is not true because the phone stays on and working, albeit slower, for more than the estimated 50 minutes at 6%, and also when I plug it in it immediately jumps back to 25%. Is this happening to anyone else, and is there a reason?

Thanks.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended
I had the same issues, sudden battery drop to 6%. When I connect power, the battery jumps back to the original value. Two days ago I had a drop from 40% to 6%, but I also experienced a drop from the 20s.

HP Recommended

Thanks for replying. I am tempted to pin this one on the winter, but I do not know if that explanation is suitable or if something is happening to our devices.

HP Recommended

Started a few weeks ago. No obvious reason. Very irritating.

HP Recommended
Now I strongly believe this is caused by low temperatures. I went ice skating today and was making a short video, with the obvious low temperature, and the battery died from 44% to 6%. I had packed my portable battery and no sooner had I plugged the phone in than the battery jumped back to 44%. Guess we will all have to carry the power banks around, just in case.
HP Recommended
Interesting. However, I live in the UK and it's not that cold. I'm also pretty sure this has happened on days when I haven't left my house.
HP Recommended
Oh, I see. Not the weather, then. Could it have been an update? I cannot remember when the last update came. Thanks for replying.
HP Recommended
Frustratingly, I can't remember what particular event started it.

It's also inconsistent when the problem kicks it. It doesn't happen every time it hits 45/35/25% but did happen to me last evening: somewhere around 35-40% and then suddenly 6%. But it lasted for ages at 6% so I don't know it that was the true level.

Come on, HP, there must be something you can do or at least look into.
HP Recommended

Well, there is no pattern and that is strange. With my unit the cold seems to be the culprit. So, HP, it's up to you to tell us something.

HP Recommended

Today's fun: battery at 22/23%, took six photos in a few minutes (no flash), battery drops to 6%.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.