Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
I uninstalled and installed AC adapter but my charging light still showing white light instead of red. And I charged for 20 minutes and battery showing 1% (plugged in). Plzz help.
@krishna211 Namaste (That's the extent of my Sanskrit)
It seems like the battery is not holding charge or is malfunctioning, here's what I recommend we do:
I have a few steps listed below that should help you resolve this concern:
Unplug the charge, Turn off the laptop and turn it back on after 30mins.
Reinstalled Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery under device manager:
1) In the search box, type and open “Device Manager”.
2) Expand “Batteries”.
3) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
4) Click on “Uninstall”.
5) At the prompt put a check in the box to remove the current driver
6) Shutdown the computer.
7) Remove the battery for a minute and then put it back in. (Skip this step if you have a non removable battery)
8 - When the computer comes back up it should automatically find the driver.
9) Go to Device Manager.
10) Expand Batteries.
11) Right-click the "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery" that is listed there.
12) Click "Search automatically for updated driver software"
Do the same thing with Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Embedded Controller.
If the issue persists, run a battery and adapter test using the steps mentioned in this link: Click here
P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉
Let me know how that pans out,
If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,
That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,
Just in case you don't get back to us,
have a good day, ahead.
Riddle_Decipher I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community